The CookingBites Recipe Challenge: Nov 2015-June 2017

I saw CBIC and in my near dyslexic mind I thought it read CIBC the Canadian Bank. I wish I could offer some practical suggestions but right now my brain is not functioning. Then there is also the fact that I am a better constructive critic than I am a creator of ideas for things of this nature. Just know I will do my best to contribute wherever I can. I will say that were it not for a little birdie telling me about the competition, the whole thing would have flown over my head. Then I submitted it in the wrong section. I just suspect there were several who were not aware of the competition.

Cooking Bites Ingredients Challenge.........:scratchhead::scratchhead::scratchhead:

I think @winterybella has real point here. I think most people either follow alerts or look at the new forum posts (on the right of screen). At least, that's what I do! So if the thread is not immediately visible, people will miss it. I don't really like the CBIC title either, even though I suggested it. Perhaps we should just call it Cookingbites Recipe Challenge. Its to the point... it should still be an ingredient a week. I can't come up with anything sexier!

As the last round winner of the competition :dance:, it falls on me to choose an ingredient for the next round. So...the new challenge for 'ingredient of the week', is aubergine. Also known as eggplant, brinjal, adobo (Filipino) and Garden Eggs (as opposed to Sea Eggs!, @winterybella!) and various other names. All you need to do is post a recipe which uses aubergines. It can be your own recipe or one you have found on the internet or in a book/magazine (please cite reference if the latter). Photographs help but are not essential. I have a good imagination!

Post the recipe as a separate thread in the relevant forum (most likely under Vegetables and Mushrooms) but if it was an Aubergine dip, you would probably put it in
Appetizers and Hors D'oeuvres. I'm sure you get the picture. Get posting! Deadline is Wednesday 25th November.

Aubergine.jpg

A quick reminder on the 'rules'.

The current challenge runs from Sunday 15th November to Wednesday 25th November (@morning glory to what time please?).
  • you need to have posted the recipe up here on CookingBites with the 'recipe' prefix and 'aubergine (egg plant)' and 'cookingbites recipe challenge' tags
  • no links to another recipe sites except for crediting the source of the recipe etc
  • Ideally include a photo or picture of the recipe
  • It must contain the ingredient specified in the challenge
  • It can be vegetarian, vegan or contain meat or fish or anything else for that matter, but you do not need to have necessarily cooked/prepared the recipe yourself
  • The recipe must be posted up on CB during the challenge time period
  • Judge's decision is final
  • Winner selects the next ingredient for the challenge and time period for it.
Please post a link to your recipe below!

A quick reminder on the 'rules'.

The current challenge runs from Sunday 15th November to Wednesday 25th November (@morning glory to what time please?).
  • you need to have posted the recipe up here on CookingBites with the 'recipe' prefix and 'aubergine (egg plant)' and 'cookingbites recipe challenge' tags
  • no links to another recipe sites except for crediting the source of the recipe etc
  • Ideally include a photo or picture of the recipe
  • It must contain the ingredient specified in the challenge
  • It can be vegetarian, vegan or contain meat or fish or anything else for that matter, but you do not need to have necessarily cooked/prepared the recipe yourself
  • The recipe must be posted up on CB during the challenge time period
  • Judge's decision is final
  • Winner selects the next ingredient for the challenge and time period for it.
Please post a link to your recipe below!

Do we still need to post a link to the recipe on this thread? I just explained to @winterybella how to do it...... but looking at the rules it doesn't say you have to do that.

Most people are not actually putting the tags in, I have done more than 75% of them for the last one and all of the current ones as I have found the recipe that appears to apply. It is easier if there is a link here for the judge to actually know about the recipe, that is all. Plus it keeps this thread 'alive' and active which is useful from a what's new point of view. Until people have the hang of the tags and know to add them, it is probably a combination of everything that is going to help at the moment! Certainly a lot of the last set of recipes I knew about because of the link here and then I went and tagged them (hence the picture to show how much easier it makes it).
I need to introduce tags to the members at some point, but needed enough of them up and running that I could actually 'demo' them and write up

Do we still need to post a link to the recipe on this thread?
I had really made that as a fundamental assumption for 'entering' the recipe into the challenge tbh! The rules were more guidelines to try to make it easier for people to know what was expected, not it has to be this... I'm not having a good day at explaining myself today, I am in too much pain at the moment, sorry.

Most people are not actually putting the tags in, I have done more than 75% of them for the last one and all of the current ones as I have found the recipe that appears to apply. It is easier if there is a link here for the judge to actually know about the recipe, that is all. Plus it keeps this thread 'alive' and active which is useful from a what's new point of view. Until people have the hang of the tags and know to add them, it is probably a combination of everything that is going to help at the moment! Certainly a lot of the last set of recipes I knew about because of the link here and then I went and tagged them (hence the picture to show how much easier it makes it).
I need to introduce tags to the members at some point, but needed enough of them up and running that I could actually 'demo' them and write up

I had really made that as a fundamental assumption for 'entering' the recipe into the challenge tbh! The rules were more guidelines to try to make it easier for people to know what was expected, not it has to be this... I'm not having a good day at explaining myself today, I am in too much pain at the moment, sorry.
I only put the link & tags in for those that are being entered.

Back
Top Bottom