Recipe The Fearless Raspberry Killers

Hemulen

Woof-woof
Local time
11:15 AM
The Fearless Raspberry Killers

valk_10.jpg

Preparation & cooking time 5-7 min (HD image)

Ingredients
125 g (a large handful) of raspberries​
2 tablespoons honey​
1 clove of garlic​
1 teaspoon vanilla extract​
65 g (a ~10 x 10 cm/~3.9" x 3.9" block) of white chocolate​

Instructions

Grate the white chocolate and garlic. Cook the garlic in honey on medium heat for 2-3 minutes until the honey starts to foam. Take aside. Add the vanilla extract and grated chocolate and mix until the chocolate has melted. Cut the smallest possible flat bits/shavings out of the tips of the raspberries and place them on a serving plate as cups. Fill with the garlic-honey-chocolate mix and serve as a side dish/garnish for any savo(u)ry dish.

valk_7.jpg

valk_3.jpg

Last edited:
That is really unusual. I don't think I've ever encountered chocolate and garlic in the same mouthful! I can't even begin to imagine what it tastes like. I may have to try masking some!

That is really unusual. I don't think I've ever encountered chocolate and garlic in the same mouthful! I can't even begin to imagine what it tastes like. I may have to try masking some!
:okay:_Here's a nice looking recipe from epicurious.com.

Here is my honest opinion. If it was a dark chocolate 65% plus cacao then maybe... but white chocolate is super sweet. It doesn't help that I dislike white chocolate. In general though, I'm a big fan of sweet with savoury.

Garlic with honey - now that may be interesting for other applications. I will test try that later on today.

However I'm awarding this recipe 6 out of 10 for sheer inventiveness!

Garlic with honey - now that may be interesting for other applications. I will test try that later on today.
Garlic and honey works really well....when I do a baked Camembert I usually add garlic, honey and black pepper. Also in salad dressings, or a honey, garlic and mustard marinade for chicken.

Here is my honest opinion. If it was a dark chocolate 65% plus cacao then maybe... but white chocolate is super sweet. It doesn't help that I dislike white chocolate. In general though, I'm a big fan of sweet with savoury.

However I'm awarding this recipe 6 out of 10 for sheer inventiveness!
She deserves partial credit for the name of the recipe (that's a real attention-getter!)

Hemulen: Is the garlic clove roasted whole in the honey, then smashed and combined? Or is it grated before blending with the honey? Not sure because it's just listed as 1 clove of garlic on the ingredients list.

Garlic and honey works really well....when I do a baked Camembert I usually add garlic, honey and black pepper. Also in salad dressings, or a honey, garlic and mustard marinade for chicken.

Yes - I made some up yesterday to try (I grated garlic into the honey). I will definitely use this in other dishes.

She deserves partial credit for the name of the recipe (that's a real attention-getter!)

Hemulen: Is the garlic clove roasted whole in the honey, then smashed and combined? Or is it grated before blending with the honey? Not sure because it's just listed as 1 clove of garlic on the ingredients list.
The garlic is grated as stated in the the instructions.
Instructions

Grate the white chocolate and garlic.

Is it a punk rock band or a comedy troup?

Back
Top Bottom