The General Chat Thread (2016-2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm glad too. It was one life journey that I had never expected to take. And there is more of nightmare involved than I have let on. But it's all in the past and I am definitely better off now.
Well, obviously. I can't imagine how terribly awful that must have been. I am very sorry and I mean it. I'm impressed by your resilience.

It's hard for us to be continously put into this situation, my stepson is a danger to others and himself, but can't reason beyond the level of a 12 to 14 year old. There's an extensive background which I have shared with the members here already, and too much to write about for me right now. But what it comes down to is that he's someone who refuses any kind of correction, and refuses to co operate with anything. So we can't take him into our house, if only to protect my other stepson who was bullied in to suicidal ideation by his brother. (and who has now recovered)
So if he does end up homeless in the worst case scenario, he's on his own now. And that's heart wrenching, but not something we can avoid given the current circumstances. He's an adult, and has been given opportunities and therapy for the past 10 years, but yet he keeps bringing himself into trouble. We're just out of options.

Last edited:
The newest hairy bikers cookbook ' Every day winners' is based on sent in member recipes that they gave a twist. They also mentioned names of those who contributed at random in the cover
I am glad to mention they adapted my goat's cheese salad recipe and also mentioned me in the cover names list! So chuffed :hyper:
View attachment 73262
I'm not posting the recipe to be sure of not violating any copyright
View attachment 73263
I am in this list somewhere

Great, congrats 😍😍😍

Hopefully the guardian will solve most of it. But this will be another 6 weeks of nail biting, and another move for us to pay, plus my husband was just slowly getting better but is now back in full stress mode and now needs to work fulltime because his sick leave is over.

So I'm having to be the rock even more than I already was.. And thats tiring too
Fingers crossed both you and your husband get better ...and over this stressful period...

In late November my Dad will get into surgery to have his pacemaker battery replaced. And in December or January into eye surgery for his glaucoma and other condition of which I do not know the English name for.

Every time stress increases my left eye gets a stye. Same now. Third time in the last 4 months. It is not much of a drag, luckily.I got antibiotics drops and balm. And it will be better in 4-5 days.

We entered the extended weekend with All Saints Day. The day dead/deceased are given respect. It is a very big thing here. Bringing flowers and candles to graves. I always do zhat months in advance, to avoid the crowds and special traffic regulation. And usually light a special red candle at home( it is a candle within a plastic bucket with a lid, so that the wind would not extinguish it).

This is what I painted last night. Acryllic on paper. Do not look at it through art judging lens😊, I am a beginner hobby painter. I enjoy painting and learning about visual perception.

Fingers crossed both you and your husband get better ...and over this stressful period...
I just hope my stepson doesn't become homeless. Because there's nothing we can do, but that would hurt.

I'm even considering a wild plan of migrating to a country where we can afford a tiny house in a garden for him.. because housing prices here are the highest in Europe

I'm even considering a wild plan of migrating to a country where we can afford a tiny house in a garden for him.. because housing prices here are the highest in Europe

That is rather drastic. It could be that migrating to somewhere the mental health system is more robust would help but a house at the end of the garden effectively means you are then back with him, with all the responsibility. Or maybe I'm misunderstanding...

At the shop today. We are closed Sundays but GF is away shoppong with my sister so I am here procrastinating. But, before I leave I want to put up a utensil rack, close in and winterize a fan louver/vent, clamp down the grease trap lid, organize the storage room and a few other things I know I will never get to. Better get at ‘er if I want to have time to get home to have a couple beerz and make a Sunday dinner. ,

In late November my Dad will get into surgery to have his pacemaker battery replaced. And in December or January into eye surgery for his glaucoma and other condition of which I do not know the English name for.

Every time stress increases my left eye gets a stye. Same now. Third time in the last 4 months. It is not much of a drag, luckily.I got antibiotics drops and balm. And it will be better in 4-5 days.

We entered the extended weekend with All Saints Day. The day dead/deceased are given respect. It is a very big thing here. Bringing flowers and candles to graves. I always do zhat months in advance, to avoid the crowds and special traffic regulation. And usually light a special red candle at home( it is a candle within a plastic bucket with a lid, so that the wind would not extinguish it).

This is what I painted last night. Acryllic on paper. Do not look at it through art judging lens😊, I am a beginner hobby painter. I enjoy painting and learning about visual perception.
View attachment 74199
I really like that, especially the reddish bit, for just the right amount of brightness.

That is rather drastic. It could be that migrating to somewhere the mental health system is more robust would help but a house at the end of the garden effectively means you are then back with him, with all the responsibility. Or maybe I'm misunderstanding...
Well, that's what my husband said too. I offered him the solution, but he rejected it. He said that would cause us all to be homeless because he'd lose his job. So it's out of our hands, for good.

So I'll hope fate will have another option for my eldest stepson, or else it's the streets because we just have no other option. We just heard it will all be decided in a week instead of 6 weeks, so unless he gets into a crisis facility it's done and dusted already.
It's so unreal, it hasn't sunk in yet..

Well, that's what my husband said too. I offered him the solution, but he rejected it. He said that would cause us all to be homeless because he'd lose his job. So it's out of our hands, for good.

So I'll hope fate will have another option for my eldest stepson, or else it's the streets because we just have no other option. We just heard it will all be decided in a week instead of 6 weeks, so unless he gets into a crisis facility it's done and dusted already.
It's so unreal, it hasn't sunk in yet..

I really hope your worst case doesn't come about. Its almost unthinkable that it could be allowed to happen. I'm pretty certain it wouldn't happen in the UK. But perhaps I'm naive.

I really hope your worst case doesn't come about. Its almost unthinkable that it could be allowed to happen. I'm pretty certain it wouldn't happen in the UK. But perhaps I'm naive.
It's not alllowed to happen, it would be illegal for them to do that. But with the current housing crisis and gargantuan waiting lists everywhere, I just don't know if they can find an alternative. And the other problem is, his legal guardianship only comes into fruition on nov 4th, which means he currently has the legal power to still reject a new place because he's still technically sane. And he says he will reject it.. It would be so typical if the guardianship is JUST too late. Everything with him always seems to be too late.

The institution was declared bankrupt last tuesday, and they have not once informed anyone about their problems until last friday. It's so neglient.

So if the worst happens, we might have a lawsuit to file.. but I am not sure. It depends on what the guardianship can do. We will only know after the coming week.

In Texas, outside of the major cities, land is so cheap, that people will sometimes buy land, build a main house on it, and a little cottage behind it for elderly parents or other family members who can't live 100-percent on their own.

I was willing to do that for my parents, but not anywhere near Houston, and they did not want to move to North Texas.

CD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom