The General Chat Thread (2016-2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
In late November my Dad will get into surgery to have his pacemaker battery replaced. And in December or January into eye surgery for his glaucoma and other condition of which I do not know the English name for.

Every time stress increases my left eye gets a stye. Same now. Third time in the last 4 months. It is not much of a drag, luckily.I got antibiotics drops and balm. And it will be better in 4-5 days.

We entered the extended weekend with All Saints Day. The day dead/deceased are given respect. It is a very big thing here. Bringing flowers and candles to graves. I always do zhat months in advance, to avoid the crowds and special traffic regulation. And usually light a special red candle at home( it is a candle within a plastic bucket with a lid, so that the wind would not extinguish it).

This is what I painted last night. Acryllic on paper. Do not look at it through art judging lens😊, I am a beginner hobby painter. I enjoy painting and learning about visual perception.
View attachment 74199

I have an art degree from University, and this image does have three dimensions, in a very natural way. Keep painting as long as you enjoy it. :thumbsup:

CD

I was willing to do that for my parents, but not anywhere near Houston, and they did not want to move to North Texas.
My niece and her husband are doing this for his folks right now, should be moved in before Christmas. Just waiting on the "accessory dwelling unit" to be completed.

In the old days, we just called those a "mother-in-law room." :)

...and on a related note, just talked to my brother, my folks' house has sold. Never even went on the market. The housing market is crazy right now.

It is like that in the Dallas area, too. Not as much in Houston. But, my parents' house is over 30 years old, and has never flooded. That is a big selling point in Houston.

I hope we get ours sold by Thanksgiving. I want to get this done.

CD

I just hope my stepson doesn't become homeless. Because there's nothing we can do, but that would hurt.

I'm even considering a wild plan of migrating to a country where we can afford a tiny house in a garden for him.. because housing prices here are the highest in Europe
Well that sounds like a good plan. Provided he can take care of himself and the house/garden.
And, where your husband could work,and your other children can get schooled.

Well that sounds like a good plan. Provided he can take care of himself and the house/garden.
And, where your husband could work,and your other children can get schooled.
If he could take care of himself we would not be in this situation. Also, the stepsons are not children. The oldest is a mentally ill , agressive, dangerous adult of 21 years old. He's just mentally not older than 12-14 in his ability to reason.

My husband already voted this plan out, because realistically stepson would break our windows and do other things to get in anyway.

If he could take care of himself we would not be in this situation. Also, they are not children. He's a mentally ill , agressive, dangerous adult of 21 years old. He's just mentally not older than 12-14 in his ability to reason.

My husband already voted this plan out, because realistically stepson would break our windows and do other things to get in anyway.
Oh. I understand. So sorry.

I hope you find a solution that is good for all of you.

Oh. I understand. So sorry.

I hope you find a solution that is good for all of you.
It's OK, most older members already know the whole story. I get that it might be hard to understand! I appreciate your attempt to think with me. :hug:

If he was a child, this would of course be unthinkable. It still feels that way , but he really is dangerous and thats why he doesnt live with us to begin with

It's OK, most older members already know the whole story. I get that it might be hard to understand! I appreciate your attempt to think with me. :hug:

If he was a child, this would of course be unthinkable. It still feels that way , but he really is dangerous and thats why he doesnt live with us to begin with

I'm sure this is especially hard on your husband. It is hard on you, and you are his stepmom. He's his father. That has to be a huge emotional burden to carry. I'm sure you are very supportive, but does he have men in his family or friendships he can talk to? Sometimes, a man needs to talk openly with another man. I know that from first hand experience.

CD

I'm sure this is especially hard on your husband. It is hard on you, and you are his stepmom. He's his father. That has to be a huge emotional burden to carry. I'm sure you are very supportive, but does he have men in his family or friendships he can talk to? Sometimes, a man needs to talk openly with another man. I know that from first hand experience.

CD
He's encouraged by me to seek support anywhere he wants to , but he seems to be numb at the moment. As am I, it's the only way to get through this.

Unfortunately he's out of touch with his brother, so the only men he sees are his colleagues. But he is at work now, and said to me he will talk to them about it. He gets along well with them. He's a bit of a loner and we're a bit socially isolated due to all this so aside from that currently we only have women as friends.

I hope talking to his co workers helps him.

Whats also pulling him and us through is that my younger stepson has started to blossom without his brother. Thats the thing that keeps my husband going.

But it's beyond words to be put in this position. We just have to hope and pray that the press will take action

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom