The General Chat Thread (2016-2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
fingers crossed I escape tomorrow. narrow escape today when I was served lactose free ice-cream marked as dairy free sorbet with them all knowing I'm dairy free and on a vegan diet. how you can decide that lactose free ice cream is dairy free is beyond me but my body very definitely decided and proved that I'm allergic to dairy... both epipens were needed along with steroids and antihistamines. I've now no more epipens until the pharmacy restock tomorrow and everyone is pin tenderhooks because they now know the problem is real (but i guess it now also explains my paranoia over food and medication).

Night all. I'm calling it and hoping I'll sleep. BP is surprisingly low given everything that's happened 117/76. great for someone with high blood pressure and having had 2 shots of adrenalin and who didn't have her BP meds this morning because my BP was lower than the 130 threshold for taking the meds (hospital policy).

fingers crossed I escape tomorrow. narrow escape today when I was served lactose free ice-cream marked as dairy free sorbet with them all knowing I'm dairy free and on a vegan diet. how you can decide that lactose free ice cream is dairy free is beyond me but my body very definitely decided and proved that I'm allergic to dairy... both epipens were needed along with steroids and antihistamines. I've now no more epipens until the pharmacy restock tomorrow and everyone is pin tenderhooks because they now know the problem is real (but i guess it now also explains my paranoia over food and medication).

Night all. I'm calling it and hoping I'll sleep. BP is surprisingly low given everything that's happened 117/76. great for someone with high blood pressure and having had 2 shots of adrenalin and who didn't have her BP meds this morning because my BP was lower than the 130 threshold for taking the meds (hospital policy).
I'm so sorry that happened to you! :hug:hope you are ok now?

Hospitals should know better :thumbsdown:

I'm so sorry that happened to you! :hug:hope you are ok now?

Hospitals should know better :thumbsdown:
Better after part ofa night's sleep thanks.
seems some of the catering staff have little idea on the difference between vegetarian & vegan and a dairy sugar & dairy protein and also an intolerance & an allergy. So basically a human! But you're right, at the bare minimum it should have been marked up as lactose-free ice-cream and not sorbet.

Sadly It's all too common. I'll often ask in a cafe if they have any desserts that are dairy-free to be told no, but this & this is gluten-free. That's when I know its not safe to eat there, when they can't tell the difference between gluten & dairy!

How much bad luck can one person get?

The institution caring for my oldest step son has gone bankrupt. That means he'll not have a place to stay. Because he's under a legal guardianship (like Britney spears) he officially has protection by law that means the institution has to find him a new place because they're obliged to care for him. But now they are bankrupt, that suddenly might not apply. So now suddenly we have to find him a new place in 6 weeks, or he's homeless again..

I just can't with this :mad: :( :cry:

It's the third time in a row this happened..

Last edited:

The institution caring for my oldest step son has gone bankrupt. That means he'll not have a place to stay. Because he's under a legal guardianship (like Britney spears) he officially has protection by law that means the institution has to find him a new place because they're obliged to care for him. But now they are bankrupt, that suddenly might not apply. So now suddenly we have to find him a new place in 6 weeks, or he's homeless again..

I just can't with this :mad: :( :cry:

It's the third time in a row this happened.

Oh no! I've been following your story about this and I know the trials and tribulations that you have been through already.

Oh no! I've been following your story about this and I know the trials and tribulations that you have been through already.
Hopefully the guardian will solve most of it. But this will be another 6 weeks of nail biting, and another move for us to pay, plus my husband was just slowly getting better but is now back in full stress mode and now needs to work fulltime because his sick leave is over.

So I'm having to be the rock even more than I already was.. And thats tiring too

I've been sitting here all day trying to think of something helpful to say, but I'm coming up with nothing.

You all have had far more than your fair share of grief over this whole situation, from all sides, it seems. I just hope your stepson lands somewhere that can give him good care, and soon.

I have been there and done that. Yes, I was an intelligent well educated middle aged white male in the USA and wound up homeless. Thankfully, I am a US military veteran and had plenty of help. I survived the ordeal, but lost hair in the process. In the end, I came out ahead, with all of my debts blown away and given a big fat delayed social security check too. It wound up being a form of early retirement.

I learned that there are people in the world who want to help, not limited to the military assistance I received. And I had to let down my pride and accept people's help with gratitude. Never refuse help when it is offered and you are in a desperate situation, unless you know for sure there are strings attached. Most help from people comes without strings attached. It says much about humanity that you don't see in the competitive reality of the working world.

I've been sitting here all day trying to think of something helpful to say, but I'm coming up with nothing.

You all have had far more than your fair share of grief over this whole situation, from all sides, it seems. I just hope your stepson lands somewhere that can give him good care, and soon.
Thanks, this also helps!

The good news is that we can let the curator do most of it now, as he should be officially appointed by the judge on nov 4th. So that's just in time. And legally, they (the institution) are bound to care for him due to him being under guardianship. If they would fail to find him a new place, we would have to file a lawsuit (which is a whole new headache) but for now we'll just assume they'll do what the law requires of them. But it's stressful for sure because the bankruptcy disrupts the normal process of these things, and our property market as a country is severly overheated meaning there's barely any place without a waiting list for anyone, let alone a severely mentally ill person.

I have been there and done that. Yes, I was an intelligent well educated middle aged white male in the USA and wound up homeless. Thankfully, I am a US military veteran and had plenty of help. I survived the ordeal, but lost hair in the process. In the end, I came out ahead, with all of my debts blown away and given a big fat delayed social security check too. It wound up being a form of early retirement.

I learned that there are people in the world who want to help, not limited to the military assistance I received. And I had to let down my pride and accept people's help with gratitude. Never refuse help when it is offered and you are in a desperate situation, unless you know for sure there are strings attached. Most help from people comes without strings attached. It says much about humanity that you don't see in the competitive reality of the working world.
I am sorry this happened to you :hug: I'm glad you made it out of there!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom