The General Chat Thread (2016-2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder how GadgetGuy and MountainCat are doing. Massachusetts is getting pounded by a blizzard right now.

CD

I have to leave the door of my walk in cooler open so it can warm up in there. The back two walls are outside walls. It’s freezing my
produce overnight.
The closest I've ever come to a Canadian Winter was the five years I spent in Plattsburgh, NY, about 60 miles south of Montreal.

The cold temps would be bad enough, but a couple of times a season, we'd get those ice storms that would coat every exposed surface in a quarter-inch or more of ice, and it would hang around for days. Couldn't hardly walk anywhere, drive anywhere, couldn't get the car doors open, that sort of thing.

We lived in Minnesota for eight years, and the temps would get a lot colder there, but the ice storms were a rarity, and so in my mind, the Plattsburgh winters were worse than the Minnesota ones.

I still remember the day we left Plattsburgh...late February, pulled out about 9:30AM, and the real temp was... -24F/-31C.

It’s been a long one this year. We usually see these low temps but not for such a long duration. Hasn’t been above -10c here in almost a month. Overnights are deadly.

It doesn’t help that the shop is in a 150 year old heritage building.

Yeah, I wondered about that. I would estimate that a good 80% of the structures in my city of Frisco (both homes and businesses) are less than 30 years old. That means a lot better insulated than really old structures.

CD

After everything that went wrong, I made it, I signed the house contract today :dance: 3 days before my bank loan approval expired. That's it, I'm finally a home owner! Actually, the bank owns the house I'm just in debt until I'm 70! But it's great anyways! I finally have a house with enough room for everything I need!
lovely!!!!! Congratulations!!

Here yesterday got up to 25°C. It started at 19°C but with humidity at 96%. Humidity finished at something stupid like 97%.

Going to bed when it's 19°C out and 23°C inside with 96% humidity doesn't achieve much. I might just climb back into bed. 🥱

2 years ago it was 44°C and the humidity was in the teens ...

I finally poked holes for the wick in the candles that I recently made.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom