The General Chat Thread (2016-2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know how I managed without handphones. My wife sends me pictures of shoes from the shop.

I don't know how I managed without handphones. My wife sends me pictures of shoes from the shop.

My hubby just sends me pictures of hail stones!

This is the last image he sent me.

Prior to that it was his vehicle turning to 300,000km

Mine is at 415,000km so I'm not sure what he's complaining about lol.

I just send him pictures of wombat poo (its very distinctive) to distract him in meetings, plus the odd Eastern long necked turtle or a shingleback (lizard) if I encounter them during the day.

First adventure in the new house! My boyfriend was locked in the bathroom and we had to call the firefighters :laugh: The door lock is broken so when the door closes it doesn't open again, but we found out too late! And thankfully it happened when we were both home if I had locked myself in bathroom when I was home alone it would have been much worse!

First adventure in the new house! My boyfriend was locked in the bathroom and we had to call the firefighters :laugh: The door lock is broken so when the door closes it doesn't open again, but we found out too late! And thankfully it happened when we were both home if I had locked myself in bathroom when I was home alone it would have been much worse!

I'm glad it worked out. But, I have to question your boyfriend's man card. He should have been able to get out, or talk you through getting him out. But, I am an old guy, and young guys don't know how to do this kind of stuff anymore. I'd be embarrassed if the fire department had to get me out of a bathroom.

BTW, as a homeowner, you need to buy a small collection of essential tools. You can't just call the landlords and tell them to fix things for free, anymore. You either learn how to do the basic maintenance and repairs yourself, or be ready to pay other people to do them for you.

I wish we were neighbors, so I could teach you how to do this kind of stuff.

CD

I'm glad it worked out. But, I have to question your boyfriend's man card. He should have been able to get out, or talk you through getting him out. But, I am an old guy, and young guys don't know how to do this kind of stuff anymore. I'd be embarrassed if the fire department had to get me out of a bathroom.

BTW, as a homeowner, you need to buy a small collection of essential tools. You can't just call the landlords and tell them to fix things for free, anymore. You either learn how to do the basic maintenance and repairs yourself, or be ready to pay other people to do them for you.

I wish we were neighbors, so I could teach you how to do this kind of stuff.

CD
Yep, he doesn't know how to fix things around the house. I have my own toolkit but I don't know how to tear apart a locker and anyway the toolkit is still in my old house. I tried to know down the door but I'm not strong enough. Landlords never did any repairs in the houses where I live, small home repairs are the tenant's responsibility here in Portugal.

Another morning waking up to mid 40's Fahrenheit (around 8-10 degrees Celsius) here in South Florida. I am not used to being this cold! Oh I know you people in the north will laugh from your snow forts, but I come from a tropical island 😅
That's cold by our Portuguese standards too :laugh: I have coworkers in Boston and when I tell them it's cold here, they ask me how cold it is, I tell them it's in the 40's Fahrenheit and they say "That's not cold at all!"

Our problem in North Texas is not how cold it gets, with the exception of events like last February's big freeze. Our problem is what I keep calling "weather whiplash." In the deep of winter, we can easily go from shorts and t-shirt weather to snow/ice storm between breakfast and dinner.

CD

Just popping in to say hello to everyone.

Haven't been cooking as busy with work, and in the free time I've put the camera down and picked the tools up as I redo my kitchen. I'll see if there's a tread to share this kind of stuff.

Hope that everyone is stayinf safe and healthy. . . oh and WARM! It's been down right disrespectfully cold here.

Just popping in to say hello to everyone.

Haven't been cooking as busy with work, and in the free time I've put the camera down and picked the tools up as I redo my kitchen. I'll see if there's a tread to share this kind of stuff.

Hope that everyone is stayinf safe and healthy. . . oh and WARM! It's been down right disrespectfully cold here.

My kitchen doesn't need any remodeling. For me, it is the 21-year-old master bathroom. Since I don't drink anymore, I can't just get drunk some Sunday when I am bored, and tear the shower out. That's how I used to commit to a project -- tear some s#it up so I had to fix it.

CD

Our problem in North Texas is not how cold it gets, with the exception of events like last February's big freeze. Our problem is what I keep calling "weather whiplash." In the deep of winter, we can easily go from shorts and t-shirt weather to snow/ice storm between breakfast and dinner.

CD
Australia does and is doing the same thing.
We're back in single figures again tomorrow morning, but at least it's only from 32°C this time not like 2 years ago when we went from 44.1°C to 2. something°C inside 36 hours. That was a shock to the system.

Mind you Boxing day was a shock as well...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom