The General Chat Thread (2016-2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's a Country wide protest for vaccine mandates for truckers crossing borders. Not about vaccines most truckers are vaccinated it's to protest gov't overreach.

If most truckers are vaccinated, then I figure most truckers don't mind the mandates?

CD

I suspect if that was true then there wouldn't be a protest. Most of the truckers in the protest are vaccinated from what I understand. It's interesting to watch. Cheers.

Hmmmm, if I had to be vaccinated to cross a border, it wouldn't bother me. I'm already vaccinated by choice. I can't imagine me protesting a mandate to do something that I've already done without a mandate. :scratchhead:I swear, this coronavirus has caused people to lose their minds.

CD

Yep, no doubt about that. I presume it choice along with other more nuanced factors that are not well know I would suspect. Anyway, the convoy is big, the longest truck convoy ever apparently. It's peaceful so far but you know other factions will jump on the ban wagon so hopefully it doesn't get detrailed, where violence rears it's ugly head.

Keep in mind, it wasn't just the 0f/-17c temperatures that caused all the frozen pipes last year in Texas. Many people had no electricity for two or three days, so no heat in the house.

CD
To put that in context, I've been able to wear shorts or capris, short sleeved shirts and sandals in Texas in the winter while visiting family. That cold snap was a doozy. My stepdaughter in Austin was without power for a week (they stayed with her fiance's mom that week in another city).

I wonder how GadgetGuy and MountainCat are doing. Massachusetts is getting pounded by a blizzard right now.

CD
My brother who lives in Houston is working a job over in Connecticut. They got hammered too.

Hmmmm, if I had to be vaccinated to cross a border, it wouldn't bother me. I'm already vaccinated by choice. I can't imagine me protesting a mandate to do something that I've already done without a mandate. :scratchhead:I swear, this coronavirus has caused people to lose their minds.

CD
Actually, I get it, because for them, it's more about a mandate (and that ever-present slippery slope) than it is about the vaccine itself. I suspect it's more a protest about having the ability to choose to be vaccinated versus being forced to be vaccinated.

Actually, I get it, because for them, it's more about a mandate (and that ever-present slippery slope) than it is about the vaccine itself. I suspect it's more a protest about having the ability to choose to be vaccinated versus being forced to be vaccinated.

If there was a government mandate against drinking gasoline, I'm sure there would be a protest.

CD

So I´ve just spent 3 hours watching the Bengals beat Kansas Chiefs - after extra time.
WHO DEY! (Whatever that means) 24-21.
I probably understood about 20% of what was happening (that might be an exaggeration), but any team that can get into the Superbowl Finals, after a wait of about 35 years, deserves their spot.:D:D:D

So I´ve just spent 3 hours watching the Bengals beat Kansas Chiefs - after extra time.
WHO DEY! (Whatever that means) 24-21.
I probably understood about 20% of what was happening (that might be an exaggeration), but any team that can get into the Superbowl Finals, after a wait of about 35 years, deserves their spot.:D:D:D

"Who Dey" is a shamelss ripoff of the New Orleans Saints' chant of "Who Dat." Who dat is a common cajun saying, as in "Who dat say dey gonna' beat dem Saints?"

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WW-eT-lrkuU

CD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom