The General Chat Thread (2016-2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is this played against a real person or is it computer generated?
This game has both options. The score above is against a computer in competition mode. My top score against a person (484) is the score I've just beaten (finally). That's standard scrabble... score for Super Scrabble are much much higher... (four figures).

What is the difference between Scrabble and Super Scrabble?
Size!

Also quadruple letter and word scores, more tiles. The board has been extended beyond the regular triple word limits, keeping the symmetry etc. Same rules, same number of times in your hand, just 200 tiles total not 100 etc. Games last all day... you can still play regular scrabble on the same board but you have to sort through the tiles first, so we keep both games handy.

Edit to add link Super Scrabble - Wikipedia

Also quadruple letter and word scores, more tiles.
Sounds like fun.
If my memory is not deceiving me, we had a tv show around a similar concept, it was called Kviskoteka I think...I was a teen back then, but I enjoyed it a lot.
I enjoy anything language related really...recently I have been brushing my English with 'English with Greg" on youtube, Greg is a Yorkshire native and an English teacher, I believe.
It was fun to learn that a pacifier is called a dummy in the UK...plus all the grammar and lively language history and expressions...

Many years ago we agreed to look after 2 guinea pigs for 6 months whilst a family went out to Australia... a friend of my husband's did the house sitting and his wife looked after the 3 horses the family had.

They didn't come back. We ended up with the 2 guinea pigs permanently. One of the girls went blind whist we had her, so relied entirely on that other. When the other one died, we had to obtain another guinea pig rather quickly, as in next day. I found someone who had an adult one and we took the blind one with us to see if they would get along... they did.

All seemed well until we noticed that the new one could no longer get in and out of the barrier into the cage (draft barrier)... we had to move it further out, and further out and... yep. She was pregnant ... we ended up with a few more guinea pigs than planned!

I do not want any more. It already costs us for 1 cat and both boys when we go away, don't want extra cost.

Woken to a light and soggy dusting of snow this morning after a thunderstorm at 2am this morning.

Bit of a surprise because it wasn't forecast until tomorrow for our altitude. I don't recall snow happening this early in winter before now. The earliest we'd had out before was the end of July. Normally it occurs in August or September. It will likely only be our peak with it at the most.

Woken to a light and soggy dusting of snow this morning after a thunderstorm at 2am this morning.

View attachment 86278

Bit of a surprise because it wasn't forecast until tomorrow for our altitude. I don't recall snow happening this early in winter before now. The earliest we'd had out before was the end of July. Normally it occurs in August or September. It will likely only be our peak with it at the most.
Starkly beautiful!

View attachment 86278

Snow in June? It's like being back in England.

Starkly beautiful!
It's already melting, hence the photo at dawn. Temp outside is 2.0°C. To be honest I was surprised to see it.

This little scattering will have locals with no experience of driving in cold conditions or icy conditions panicking about the road being open. The irony being that it's a gravel road and they are more likely than not driving a 4×4. But there is a steep tarmac hill at the this end. We've never had issues but the local FB groups will be very busy with very worried parents because of the 'snow'. I've given up on social media completely but convincing them that the road is open and actually safe to drive is oddly difficult.!

Power’s been out since 1:30PM (knocked out by pop-up storm). Power company keeps waffling on when it’s coming back on. First it was 2:30PM, then 3:30PM, then 6PM, then 4:30PM, then 6PM, then 5:30PM, and now back to 6PM.

Number of people without power is going down, though, so that’s good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom