The General Chat Thread (2016-2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s on here as well, all weekend, much of it live coverage:

View attachment 86060
We are not watching, might catch a round up on the news this evening. It's like the football when the World cup is on, there is a blanket assumption by broadcasters and shops that everyone is hooked on it. Nope.
I look forward to Morning Glory's opinion :giggle:

I'm stuck with watching food network and catch up TV to avoid it. There is no 'balanced coverage' on UK TV when it comes to 'the queen'. We are all supposed to love her.
I struggle with the idea that you should rule a country because you happened to plop out of the right womb. However, as Trump, Putin and many others before have shown us, elected leaders can be problematical and the argument "at least we can vote them out" doesn't hold water if those around them are corrupt enough.
I don't know the solution, perhaps a slimmed down royal family paid for by a hotel bedroom tax on overseas visitors could give us time to think.

For Morning Glory:

“Mott the Hoople” singer-songwriter and musician Ian Hunter (Patterson) is 83 years old today. He was born in Oswestry, Shropshire.

Well, I had a hell night. A few weeks ago started having leg pain. After years of not properly stretching before exercise, my leg muscles were too short and so started the first three weeks on (intense) physical therapy. Last night, however, suddenly my calf muscles seized and formed a golf ball sized knot I could not walk or massage out.

According to the doctor, when your muscles seize, all the surrounding muscles will move in tandem and eventually go back to their original state. If the knot isn't removed by the time the surrounding muscles relax, the muscles will tear.

My doctor doesn't know how bad the tearing is because, at present, my calf is swollen to almost the thickness of my quads and he tells me I have six to eight weeks of immobility in my near future.

On the bright side, I finally figured out what to do with all the throw and decorative pillows all over my bed. 😆

Well, I had a hell night. A few weeks ago started having leg pain. After years of not properly stretching before exercise, my leg muscles were too short and so started the first three weeks on (intense) physical therapy. Last night, however, suddenly my calf muscles seized and formed a golf ball sized knot I could not walk or massage out.

According to the doctor, when your muscles seize, all the surrounding muscles will move in tandem and eventually go back to their original state. If the knot isn't removed by the time the surrounding muscles relax, the muscles will tear.

My doctor doesn't know how bad the tearing is because, at present, my calf is swollen to almost the thickness of my quads and he tells me I have six to eight weeks of immobility in my near future.

On the bright side, I finally figured out what to do with all the throw and decorative pillows all over my bed. 😆
Ouch.

I feel your pain.

Ouch. I've never experienced that. Try to move as much as you can, even if it is just a little bit. Even other parts of your body.

CD

On this day in 1940 the British completed the "Miracle of Dunkirk" by evacuating 338,226 allied troops from France via a flotilla of over 800 vessels including Royal Navy destroyers, merchant marine boats, fishing boats, pleasure craft and even lifeboats.

:dance:

Just set a new all time personal record of 498 in one hand of (normal) scrabble (previously 484 which has stood since the 1990's).

It isn't my best all time word score, but is my best digital word score, if that makes sense.

I say normal scrabble because we also have SuperScrabble where games go on for days.

:dance:

Just set a new all time personal record of 498 in one hand of (normal) scrabble (previously 484 which has stood since the 1990's).

It isn't my best all time word score, but is my best digital word score, if that makes sense.

View attachment 86199

I say normal scrabble because we also have SuperScrabble where games go on for days.

Is this played against a real person or is it computer generated?

Nipped into pets at home for some bits, they had some baby guinea pigs :love::love:
Many years ago we agreed to look after 2 guinea pigs for 6 months whilst a family went out to Australia... a friend of my husband's did the house sitting and his wife looked after the 3 horses the family had.

They didn't come back. We ended up with the 2 guinea pigs permanently. One of the girls went blind whist we had her, so relied entirely on that other. When the other one died, we had to obtain another guinea pig rather quickly, as in next day. I found someone who had an adult one and we took the blind one with us to see if they would get along... they did.

All seemed well until we noticed that the new one could no longer get in and out of the barrier into the cage (draft barrier)... we had to move it further out, and further out and... yep. She was pregnant ... we ended up with a few more guinea pigs than planned!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom