The General Chat Thread (2016-2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thankfully it didn't stick (I had to drive 125km today in very windy conditions, too windy for my 4×4 and even in my SUV I could only hold 90kph on the exposed section of the dual carriageway using both lanes (same as everyone else)) but it was white out conditions for nearly an hour this morning before I left... also exceptionally windy and never got above 3°C all day. In fact right now is actually the warmest it has been all day at 3.5°C.

In theory, it is meant to be minus figures in the morning (-3°C) and but that does actually mean the cloud will need to go somewhere else! I don't believe it!

Currently I can't see how I'm going to get my washing dry other than trying for freeze drying!

It's Ronald David Wood's birthday today. No-one has a clue how old he is.

Its always a mind-bender to me [over here on the opposite side of the world] that our seasons are flipped. Its early summer here with a predicted high of around 85deg F (30deg C).
It's not normal to get snow where we are more than once a year. Usually aka, all the other winters I've been here which I think is 7 now, snow happens at the end of August or beginning of September. This early is a first for me. But all of this year has been unusual in that we've had a very wet spring, summer, & autumn with summer only having a few days in the high 30°C. I don't even remember any 40°C this summer. All of the other years there would have been plenty in the high 30s up to 44°C.
It's been that wet that the local lake, the largest freshwater lake in Australia has actually gone from dried out totally to ¾s full, but I have to confess that I've not got the hang of seeing water in it yet! I still feel like it should be a green playing field covered in sunbathing roos and wallabies instead of them having to picnic on the shoreline that's 10-25m from the major Sydney Canberra highway. However the water hasn't yet actually made it anywhere near to the sign that says 'Lake George' yet. Lol.

Getting the hang of my birthday being in summer is also taking time.

The ABC News coverage is abysmal, with earlier recorded bits mixed with live stuff rolling in the background while Kelly Ripa and Ryan Seacrest, superimposed over the images, natter on and on about toffee and Yorkshire puds and black taxi cabs and tea and cherrio guv’nah. 🤦‍♂️

We’ve switched over to Sky News’ livestream on YT:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom