The General Chat Thread (2016-2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
breaks into your house
Where I've lived in the UK (and our friends still live this way) and every place to date rurally in Australia, that translates to walk in through the open door!

Of course if you want to steal the vehicle, just open the unlocked car door, turn ignition on and drive away. 1 vehicle is proximity key, the other will have the keys in the ignition ready for you! ) No need to even enter the unlocked home to remove the keys from the kitchen! And this is genuinely the norm still rurally and remotely (I'm rural, remote is Northern Territories where it will take you a day's driving just to leave your own property! Lol).
No point in then damaging the building to enter it, lol.

Actually on a serious note, if our home is actually locked then you know we are away for a while which is actually much more inviting! No-one will see or hear you break in no matter what you do (such as drive through a wall or smash a door in).

I've had one of these for years and years, in fact I just had to order two new ones...
IMG_1840.JPG
IMG_1841.JPG

My old book has fallen apart!
I use a mechanical pencil to enter and update as needed.
DH says that I'm old fashion and get and you know there's an App for that!
No thanks, that's fallible and hack-able

Craig is back in the hospital. I had to take him to ER Monday because he had been acting really odd and sleeping almost constantly since Saturday, not eating normally, as well as complaining of pain in his back/shoulder (he does have rotator cuff damage) since Tuesday, but then it moved into front/shoulder Monday. I thought he might have had a heart attack. Nope, shingles. They gave him meds and sent us home but of course all the pharmacies were closed Monday afternoon.

He drove me to work Tuesday, as the truck had been left there over the weekend, and then went to get his meds and go back home. I got home tuesday afternoon and asked if he took his meds. No. Asked why and he said he didn't understand how to take them. It was 1 pill daily and 2 pills daily. Had him take his meds then asked him to heat up our dinner I had made Sunday for a weeknight. He wasn't able to turn on stove and just stood there moving the pans around and lifting lids, then putting them back on. I ended up turning on the burner and told him to get bowls and spoons out, which he couldn't do either. Off we went to ER again. He couldn't tell them date, year or President.

He's had another small stroke within the last few days. It's new but not new, new. His blood sugar was 34, as he apparently hadn't eaten all day. And to top it all off he's Covid positive, though asymptomatic.

Once they got his blood sugar up, he cleared up mentally pretty well before I left ER at about 1 this morning. I went back today to take him his phone and get an update, and found out about the covid. He seems to be back to normal and is eating, says he's still tired but not like he was.

I tested negative but have to take 2 more tests that are negative before I really am considered negative. Course have to isolate. This is NOT how I wanted a few days off.

Last edited:
Craig is back in the hospital.
That’s just awful to read. I hope Craig is doing better as soon as he can be. Give him our best.

Try and take care of yourself a little bit too over the next several days. Keep us posted on how you’re both doing if you can. Take care.

Craig is back in the hospital. I had to take him to ER Monday because he had been acting really odd and sleeping almost constantly since Saturday, not eating normally, as well as complaining of pain in his back/shoulder (he does have rotator cuff damage) since Tuesday, but then it moved into front/shoulder Monday. I thought he might have had a heart attack. Nope, shingles. They gave him meds and sent us home but of course all the pharmacies were closed Monday afternoon.

He drove me to work Monday, as the truck had been left there over the weekend, and then went to get his meds and go back home. I got home Monday afternoon and asked if he took his meds. No. Asked why and he said he didn't understand how to take them. It was 1 pill daily and 2 pills daily. Had him take his meds then asked him to heat up our dinner I had made Sunday for a weeknight. He wasn't able to turn on stove and just stood there moving the pans around and lifting lids, then putting them back on. I ended up turning on the burner and told him to get bowls and spoons out, which he couldn't do either. Off we went to ER again. He couldn't tell them date, year or President.

He's had another small stroke within the last few days. It's new but not new, new. His blood sugar was 34, as he apparently hadn't eaten all day. And to top it all off he's Covid positive, though asymptomatic.

Once they got his blood sugar up, he cleared up mentally pretty well before I left ER at about 1 this morning. I went back today to take him his phone and get an update, and found out about the covid. He seems to be back to normal and is eating, says he's still tired but not like he was.

I tested negative but have to take 2 more tests that are negative before I really am considered negative. Course have to isolate. This is NOT how I wanted a few days off.
That's so sad to hear. He was posting more and I thought hes on the mend.
Another hiccup. We're thinking of you both.

Russ

That’s just awful to read. I hope Craig is doing better as soon as he can be. Give him our best.

Try and take care of yourself a little bit too over the next several days. Keep us posted on how you’re both doing if you can. Take care.
That's so sad to hear. He was posting more and I thought hes on the mend.
Another hiccup. We're thinking of you both.

Russ

Ditto. Hoping that the stroke wasn't too impactful and he comes home soon.

Covid sucks, glad he is asymptomatic and you stay that way as well medtran49!

Daughter just txt. Her and mr7 are ready for home but enjoying brittany atm. 2 weeks until home.

Russ
I met a Brittany today, LOL. She was a little rude, LOL. I would much rather enjoy the Brittany where your daughter and grandson are vacationing!

I met a Brittany today, LOL. She was a little rude, LOL. I would much rather enjoy the Brittany where your daughter and grandson are vacationing!
I'd love to be back there and well. Shes in paris next week. Doing moulen rouge as well like we did.
Mr 7 is missing everyone

Russ

Sorry to hear about Craig's new problems. I hope the meds clear things up quickly. It has been nice seeing him posting again.

My sister called a few hours ago. My dad fell... again. He hit his head... again. They took him to the hospital... again. But, this time when they did a CT scan, it showed a sub-dural hematoma -- a bleed into the brain. So, he's going to be admitted, and spend at least a few days in the hospital. They will do two more CT scans today and tonight to see what the hematoma is doing.

My sister and the neuro-surgeon know each other very well, and he's a very good one. That's one good thing. She is going to get him to prescribe rehab for when he goes home. Medicare and his supplemental insurance will cover that, and it will give us some time to think some things through.

We have to decide whether to move him from the apartment into some form of assisted living or skilled nursing. He would be in the same complex as the apartment, where my mom would continue to live. He's just falling too much. The cost of that will be ridiculous, but they have it -- for now, at least.

I go in for a minor procedure on Friday. It will be done outpatient, so I'll go and come home the same day.

Sounds like Craig, my dad and I are making some doctors wealthier this week.

CD

Last edited by a moderator:
But, this time when they did a CT scan, it showed a sub-dural hematoma -- a bleed into the brain.

I go in for a minor procedure on Friday.
Geez, more bad news. Your dad sounds pretty tough, so once he’s out of the woods with this latest thing, I hope he’s open-minded about considering stepping up his care, whatever form that takes.

Good luck with your procedure on Friday. Let's count on it fixing or making whatever it’s for better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom