The General Chat Thread (2016-2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I kinda figured that's what you were going to have done, my BIL has these issues.
Get better Dawg!

FYI. Many of you know I don't drink anymore. I have liver disease due to a combination of genetics and drinking. It runs in my mom's family, even with family members who didn't drink at all. One side-affect is water retention.

Otherwise, my heart, lungs and other organs are fit asa a fiddle. Some say my brain is a bit off, but...

CD

MrsT got hers Monday last, and I’m getting mine this coming Monday.

How long does that abdomen-draining take, and is it very uncomfortable? I know my dad’s had his lungs drained before, and that wasn’t too bad for him.

About an hour. No, you don't feel it other than when they stick you with the novocaine needle. You are wide awake, and can drive home after it's done -- and you feel soooooo much better when it is done.

I'll let you know how much they drain. Last time it was 7-liters. I bet it will be more this time.

CD

My mushrooms seem to like growing by the fire. I've had to move them to the other side because they are a little too one sided at the moment, lol.

Hopefully they'll start growing on the other side now!

Just found out my oldest brother will be retiring on his birthday later this month due to health reasons. He is turning 76. He had 5x bypass surgery about 25 years ago and then has had a few stents since then. He went last week to have another stent put in and the vein collapsed so no stent, now he is on a lot of meds and just can't work anymore, says he is too tired to do much of anything, plus just found out that one of his hips is pretty much bone on bone, so he can't even exercise. Getting older stinks when body parts are wearing out. At least his mind is still there..sorta. He is a big Trump supporter and believes that "the Democrats stole the election" and that the election was rigged, blah blah blah. So I love him and feel bad for him all the same, even if our political views are so vastly different.

Last edited:
Just found out my oldest brother will be retiring on his birthday later this month due to health reasons. He is turning 76. He had 5x bypass surgery about 25 years ago and then has had a few stents since then. He went last week to have another stent put in and the vein collapsed so now stent, now he is on a lot of meds and just can't work anymore, says he is too tired to do much of anything, plus just found out that one of his hips is pretty much bone on bone, so he can't even exercise. Getting older stinks when body parts are wearing out. At least his mind is still there..sorta. He is a big Trump supporter and believes that "the Democrats stole the election" and that the election was rigged, blah blah blah. So I love him and feel bad for him all the same, even if our political views are so vastly different.
Retiring at 76? Good grief, I will hopefully have been work free for ten years by then. Is that notmal in America?

Retiring at 76? Good grief, I will hopefully have been work free for ten years by then. Is that notmal in America?
No. My older sister retired at 65. I'm 60 and I've been semi-retired for over 5 years (I only do freelance work now). My other brother is 63 and is still working but probably not for much longer.

It all depends on the person. My grandad retired at 62, back in the late-60’s. My dad retired at 59, my FIL at 62, my mom went on disability around 60, my MIL retired at 63, my oldest brother retired at 62, his wife at 62, next oldest will retire at 65, next oldest retired at 62, his wife just retired at 62, next oldest will retire at 63.

I’m shooting for 59, but it’ll probably be 60. My wife will work until she dies, earning just enough to keep her Social Security. She’s weird that way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom