The General Chat Thread (2016-2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
My wife will work until she dies, earning just enough to keep her Social Security. She’s weird that way.
My mom was like that. She retired from her state job in Florida when she was 70, but after 2 years she was bored so went back to work. She worked until about 2 weeks before she died at 88. She was still driving and going to football games, too.

Just home after watching harry play. 4 tries player of the day . Didnt get put the car as it was bucketing down. Poor buggers played in it. Under 10s.
Russ

Im sorry I haven't been about for quite some time, as you know, I had a bit of a crisis involving baking cakes and ovens, and I felt unsure whether to continue or not, and to be honest, I felt useless, and as a result, I got rid of all my trays and whatnot. Sounds stupid. And it is.

I realised that I was totally useless at baking cakes. So I took an extended time out, and I've decided to have a go at baking bread; I have a bread maker from Morphy Richards, and I actually made my first loaf, a wholemeal. I'll post a pic in the appropriate area as soon as I can.

Please don't declaw me.

x

Im sorry I haven't been about for quite some time, as you know, I had a bit of a crisis involving baking cakes and ovens, and I felt unsure whether to continue or not, and to be honest, I felt useless, and as a result, I got rid of all my trays and whatnot. Sounds stupid. And it is.

I realised that I was totally useless at baking cakes. So I took an extended time out, and I've decided to have a go at baking bread; I have a bread maker from Morphy Richards, and I actually made my first loaf, a wholemeal. I'll post a pic in the appropriate area as soon as I can.

Please don't declaw me.

x
You've been missed! We have all had our fails and flubs when it comes to cooking and baking, it just happens. I am best at baking cakes from a box, to be quite honest. But I have gotten a lot better at baking bread and I think you will get the hang of it! Just keep trying :thumbsup:

I realised that I was totally useless at baking cakes.
You cannot, and I emphasize that, be worse than me at from-scratch cakes. I once managed to simultaneously under and over bake a cake! Let’s see you do that! :laugh:

Glad you’re back, and yes, I agree that bread is much easier than cake. Bread has much more leeway, and as long as the yeast is working, you’re 90% there.

OKAY!
So I've pretty much finished up getting the house ready to be painted, both inside and out.
THAT was alot of physical work.
My back is SCREAMING!
I can't wait to check into our hotel for our week long stay-cation in the big town for us.
I will be going straight away to the Hot Tub for a soak, I deserve a break now.
DH helped, but it was more of a one man job, stashing stuff away.
I likened this past week to playing Jenga on a larger scale.
When they're done, it'll then be a Treasure/Scavenger Hunt, trying find all of my stuff and cook again
:laugh:
But for the next week, the majority of our meals will not be prepared by me.
The bad thing is, I have my annual doc's visit shortly after all of this, and I'd be willing to bet any amount of money that my blood work is gonna be terrible! :meh:

OKAY!
So I've pretty much finished up getting the house ready to be painted, both inside and out.
THAT was alot of physical work.
My back is SCREAMING!
I can't wait to check into our hotel for our week long stay-cation in the big town for us.
I will be going straight away to the Hot Tub for a soak, I deserve a break now.
DH helped, but it was more of a one man job, stashing stuff away.
I likened this past week to playing Jenga on a larger scale.
When they're done, it'll then be a Treasure/Scavenger Hunt, trying find all of my stuff and cook again
:laugh:
But for the next week, the majority of our meals will not be prepared by me.
The bad thing is, I have my annual doc's visit shortly after all of this, and I'd be willing to bet any amount of money that my blood work is gonna be terrible! :meh:

Tell us about the colors. Are you doing different colors in some rooms, or all one color throughout the house?

CD

Tell us about the colors. Are you doing different colors in some rooms, or all one color throughout the house?

CD
I decided on sticking with all one color this time, Swan (white). Our last home in Southern Arizona, I did decorator colors that didn't show well when we sold. I'm liking the white now, clean, bright, uniform. And then that same color outside, Buffalo I think it's called with Pearl Necklace as the accent. The baseboards came out amazing! The contractor ones were horrid! It's taken me six years to come around to doing this project, but I'm certain that it will look WAY better than what we got brand new! The subs on our home were for s#!+ !!!! But, that's just how it is here in Cowboyville ...

Now I'm kinda missing our old house ...
13.jpg
8.jpg

The common areas were done in Butter Up and the Private rooms were Celery.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom