The General Chat Thread (2016-2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have read that it's 1 in 1,000 eggs. I generally buy local Hillendale Farms (vegetarian diet, cage free and pasture raised), they are not a big commercial producer.
I usually get 2 x 20 eggs. A third will be double yolkers.
My supplier cant supply for 3 months,new chooks apparel

Russ

So the day got off to a really great start, letting our landlord know that ones of his sheep had hung itself at some point recently.... I have no idea how it managed to get it's rear leg trapped in the top two wires on the normal fencing as well as one if it's horns in the normal holes in the fence. It is sheep fencing. It's a set size but some of the sheep can get their heads through the hole and eat the grass on the other side of the fence, it's always greener. Only the sheep with curled horns don't always succeed in getting their heads back through. Some break their necks trying, some give up and if we see them early enough we can help and then there was this one. She decided to somehow get her rear leg trapped and thus hang herself by it. I've seen it happen ad couple of times over the years, but only with red deer or kangaroos jumping a fence and failing to clear it. (The red deer lived but lost a leg, the kangaroo survived because we saw the incident happen).

On the bright side, it did get warm enough today to dry a load of washing (almost dry) and more it's raining again. We needed more rain apparently and it's wet until Monday if the forecast is to be believed...

Which leaves the only other decision. Do I or don't I tell hubby about this season's, local fresh truffles for sale? 1 truffle is about $200 worth, so they sell them in slices... about $25‐30 a slice. Finances are very tight this month because of all my medical bills, but fresh local truffles? :hungry:
Maybe you should get a truffle pig and harvest your own, LOL!

Madhur Jaffrey is 89 years old today.

1660344400905.png

Apparently we needed more rain.

30mm in less than 6 hrs. I'm not going to even bother finding out if the local roads are open or not.

View attachment 89019

2 years ago, that dam, and the one you the right were both dry...
Guess you're getting the rain we otherwise have, here's the dryest summer ever.

Here’s how my on-call week has gone so far:

Monday - no calls, yay!
Tuesday - no calls, yay!
Wednesday - no calls, yay!
Thursday - had to work 10PM-midnight
Friday - scheduled for 9AM meeting sometime in the overnight hours, so when I logged on, I was greeted with multiple people shouting, “WHY AREN’T YOU IN THIS MEETING THAT YOU’RE ONLY JUST NOW FINDING OUT ABOUT?!!?!”

Found out meeting was for a same-day emergency fix, so whatever plans I had were out the window as we hustled to get it taken care of, which took from 9AM-3PM, and then given an “Oh yeah, BTW, you need to do this right now as well,” so that took another hour.

Saturday - Called at 12:30AM for a non-emergency that still took 30 minutes to explain to someone why what they reported wasn’t a 🤬 emergency, then on at 7AM for some scheduled maintenance. That lasted an hour, then back again at 10AM for another half-hour of work (of which I wasn’t notified of until late Friday).

Let’s see what bit of hell I see tonight and tomorrow. I lay even money that doofus who called me in the middle of the night calls me again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom