The General Chat Thread (2016-2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
She looks beautiful and very serene. She will probably not always be serene so make the most of it! Congratulations to you both. 🍾

Yes, she's very pretty. That means the picture was taken a day or two after her birth. Newborns just don't come out of the chute looking that good. I've had friends send me pictures when their kids were 30 minutes old, and for them, the baby is beautiful, but for me, I see a baby that just emerged from the womb through a narrow passage, and things need to shift around a bit before they look human. :laugh:

Anyway, congratulations Fowler and wife. The photo you posted really is adorable.

Now, will we be hearing from you in the next few months? To post, or to sleep... that is the question.

CD

Yes, she's very pretty. That means the picture was taken a day or two after her birth. Newborns just don't come out of the chute looking that good. I've had friends send me pictures when their kids were 30 minutes old, and for them, the baby is beautiful, but for me, I see a baby that just emerged from the womb through a narrow passage, and things need to shift around a bit before they look human. :laugh:

Anyway, congratulations Fowler and wife. The photo you posted really is adorable.

Now, will we be hearing from you in the next few months? To post, or to sleep... that is the question.

CD
Very true on the immediate appearances of newborns, quite frankly they resemble something from an H.R. Geiger nightmare... Isla wasn't so bad after they cleaned her up, but she had to be on light treatment for jaundice, so for almost 3 days, this is what she looked like:
20220814_024540.jpg

Like she was in a tanning booth at a salon hahaha!

So it has rained starting at 8°C this morning. It is now 2°C 10mm later and snowing.

Hopefully it will stop soon because I've not got the stamina for a lengthy vehicle journey tomorrow (80km detour each way if my road is closed groom flooding again) for blood tests and physio in the morning.

Last edited:
End of day today I'll be off to the south of Portugal for a couple days, to escape from the city and enjoy the beaches in Algarve. I'll probably won't be posting much but I'll share some pics after :D
Enjoy. I have vague memories of the beaches in the Algarve from a holiday there as a teenager. Primarily I spent my time carrying my sister or little brother on my shoulders or driving the wreck of a hire car along the track from the cottage to the beach....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom