The General Chat Thread (2016-2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
End of day today I'll be off to the south of Portugal for a couple days, to escape from the city and enjoy the beaches in Algarve. I'll probably won't be posting much but I'll share some pics after :D
Safe journey

Very true on the immediate appearances of newborns, quite frankly they resemble something from an H.R. Geiger nightmare... Isla wasn't so bad after they cleaned her up, but she had to be on light treatment for jaundice, so for almost 3 days, this is what she looked like:
View attachment 89467
Like she was in a tanning booth at a salon hahaha!
She's so pretty I assumed c-section.

Got the highest possible score for my English test today (our system values 1 as lowest and 10 as highest) . It was a speech assignment, and required an audio recording of 5 minutes about my hobbies. It was mostly about cooking, of course!

Warm and sticky here this morning :heat:
Looks like we're heading for another freezing night here. Already down at 2°C here, forecast is for 4°C in the morning, but all the surrounding cities are 5-6°C at tree moment, so we're doing the typical you're 350m (+1,000 feet) higher up a mountain job...

I'll still leave the bedroom window open though until I know which way the smoke from the chimney is going to settle. Hopefully it will stay away from the bedroom side if the house. My body temperature issues at the moment mean ever at 0°C outside with the bedroom window propped 30cm (12 inches) open and me sleeping next to it, I only need a 7.5 tog quilt on the bed to be too hot. Hubby is sensibly staying in the other room until my doctor gets to the bottom of the problem. Until then, the only sleep I get is if it is cold outside, the window open and I use a single autumn weight quilt. I used to be under 2 winter weight quilts in the same conditions, often with a woolly hat on as all...

I’d probably get about a 7. :laugh:
Well, when it gets to Dutch I CAN do 9's as well but I usually don't bother.. :laugh: though I might now I am on a roll. Graduating cum laude would be fun.
The English skill required for a Dutch person will always be lower than for a native of course. But this IS higher education so I am really glad to do this well.

Looks like we're heading for another freezing night here. Already down at 2°C here, forecast is for 4°C in the morning, but all the surrounding cities are 5-6°C at tree moment, so we're doing the typical you're 350m (+1,000 feet) higher up a mountain job...

I'll still leave the bedroom window open though until I know which way the smoke from the chimney is going to settle. Hopefully it will stay away from the bedroom side if the house. My body temperature issues at the moment mean ever at 0°C outside with the bedroom window propped 30cm (12 inches) open and me sleeping next to it, I only need a 7.5 tog quilt on the bed to be too hot. Hubby is sensibly staying in the other room until my doctor gets to the bottom of the problem. Until then, the only sleep I get is if it is cold outside, the window open and I use a single autumn weight quilt. I used to be under 2 winter weight quilts in the same conditions, often with a woolly hat on as all...

We sleep under an empty duvet cover :heat:

Hope your doc can get things sorted sooner rather than later

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom