The General Chat Thread (2016-2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wifes brother died last night. I wont lose sleep over it. He did some unforgivable things in his life. 1 of nine. Rest are good people. My wifes organising family get together. I won't be going. My wife understands my views. No funeral as he prolly knew noone would turn up. Cremated.

Russ
So long as you are there for your wife, that's all that matters.

Since I have been on the ICU my cooking has not been the same.. it's not bad but my natural intuition seems to have taken a hit. I over or under season things, seems I lost my ' magic touch' . My baking is fine because those recipes are always exact. But my cooking is different.

Probably because I am distracted, I am in much more pain than before and tire easily. I hope it gets better once I get treatment started.

Since I have been on the ICU my cooking has not been the same.. it's not bad but my natural intuition seems to have taken a hit. I over or under season things, seems I lost my ' magic touch' . My baking is fine because those recipes are always exact. But my cooking is different.

Probably because I am distracted, I am in much more pain than before and tire easily. I hope it gets better once I get treatment started.
I would never have considered something like that, very interesting and thanks for sharing. I’ll bet you’re back to usual once you get your pain issues more under control.

I would never have considered something like that, very interesting and thanks for sharing. I’ll bet you’re back to usual once you get your pain issues more under control.
Well I've read that after an ICU stay your cognitive abilities can be damaged for up to a year after, or sometimes permanent depending on the severity. Considering that this was the third time I was in the ICU, it's actually surprising it didn't affect me that much before.
I just hope it's not going to last.
ICU Acquired Weakness and Neurocognitive Decline

By the way I just thought about it and decided to solve it by cooking from my trusted cookbooks for a while when I have the energy, in order to regain my trust in myself.

On sale at Kroger for $5US:

They’ll probably be dead tomorrow. 😆

Did you trim the ends a little before putting them in water? They look nice for $5. I used to own a florist shop before I became a massage therapist.
Yep, and I snipped up the stem as well, splitting it an inch or so. A florist told me years ago that helps them take up more water.

Yep, and I snipped up the stem as well, splitting it an inch or so. A florist told me years ago that helps them take up more water.
It does, but the thing is if they take in too much water they will go into full bloom rather quickly. Keep them in a cooler spot out of the sun and that will also help them last longer.

I had errands to run (curbside grocery, prescription pickup, etc.) And Brian May of Queen was interviewing with Terri Gross on NPR so I drove really slow and lingered in my car so I could hear it.

I had errands to run (curbside grocery, prescription pickup, etc.) And Brian May of Queen was interviewing with Terri Gross on NPR so I drove really slow and lingered in my car so I could hear it.

Terry Gross is not a favorite interviewer for me, but I'd listen if the guest is Brian May. My only concern is that Terry Gross would spend the whole time asking questions about Freddy Mercury.

CD

Terry Gross is not a favorite interviewer for me, but I'd listen if the guest is Brian May. My only concern is that Terry Gross would spend the whole time asking questions about Freddy Mercury.

CD
She of course did ask a few questions about Freddy, any interviewer would have. But she also asked him general questions about the band and also about being an astrophysicist. It was an interesting interview for sure. Brian May is a fascinating individual.

She of course did ask a few questions about Freddy, any interviewer would have. But she also asked him general questions about the band and also about being an astrophysicist. It was an interesting article for sure. Brian May is a fascinating individual.
I never knew that. The film about freddy was amazing btw.

Russ

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom