The General Chat Thread (2016-2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I see it is raining for Free Practice 3 of the Singapore F1 Grand Prix weekend. Well, who could have foreseen that at 18:00 hours in Singapore/Malaysia?

What is your take on that vernplum?

It must be October:

Ours don't "Fall Back" until November 6. We will gain an hour of sleep, but lose an hour of daylight in the evening. :(

CD
I was unprepared after a bad night with my asthma. We're back to waking in the dark rather than 45 mins after the sun.

I sleep with the curtains open (and the window) and have had to teach myself to sleep when it's light outside, so it being dark when the alarm went off this morning meant I was still asleep, lol.

It does on the up side mean we get to see the sunrises again, and we're back to locking the chooks up after our evening meal rather than as we sit down to eat, which is an improvement.

Soccer fans can be quite rough, 129 is a horrific number. Even in big games like in the champions league , death between rival teams are happening, 10-15 is not like 129 but every dead fan is one to much.

It brightened up later and no rain. In fact there has been no rain now for about 36 hours. The water level receded about 50 mm but then increased again. It's now about 180 mm lower than our lowest floor.

The water level is now 250 mm lower than our lowest floor and although it's been raining intermittently during the weekend it's been very light rain contrary to the thunderstorms forecast. Without any more rain we should be dry by tomorrow evening.

I see it is raining for Free Practice 3 of the Singapore F1 Grand Prix weekend. Well, who could have foreseen that at 18:00 hours in Singapore/Malaysia?

What is your take on that vernplum?

Umm, I'm a little bit embarrassed to say I have no knowledge of the happenings to do with the F1 except that I know it's on, but weatherwise, yes - it's been a bit rainy and unpredicatably so here in the past few weeks.

Umm, I'm a little bit embarrassed to say I have no knowledge of the happenings to do with the F1 except that I know it's on, but weatherwise, yes - it's been a bit rainy and unpredicatably so here in the past few weeks.

I lived in Kuala Lumpur for almost 5 years at the end of the last century and spent quite a bit of time in Singapore as I also did in early 2000. During those times you could virtually guarantee it would rain late afternoon for 75% of days.

I lived in Kuala Lumpur for almost 5 years at the end of the last century and spent quite a bit of time in Singapore as I also did in early 2000. During those times you could virtually guarantee it would rain late afternoon for 75% of days.

Florida is not that different. Beautiful sunny day, then around 3 in the afternoon, the sky falls out with heavy rain. Twenty minutes later it is gone, but it is still hot and now 95 percent humidity. I hated working there. I got shut down for twenty minutes every afternoon, and then had to work in a sauna.

CD

I was unprepared after a bad night with my asthma. We're back to waking in the dark rather than 45 mins after the sun.

I sleep with the curtains open (and the window) and have had to teach myself to sleep when it's light outside, so it being dark when the alarm went off this morning meant I was still asleep, lol.

It does on the up side mean we get to see the sunrises again, and we're back to locking the chooks up after our evening meal rather than as we sit down to eat, which is an improvement.
I use something similar to this:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07MT7N35...9ca48c9c&language=en_US&ref_=as_li_ss_tl&th=1

I went to the hepatologist (liver doctor) today, and my most recent MELD score was surprisingly really good. For perspective, the MELD score is derived from a handful of blood tests. A healthy liver has a score of 6, and the "don't make any long term plans" score is 40. My latest score was 9. :woot:At the beginning of 2022, I had a score of 28.

CD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom