The General Chat Thread (2016-2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
15°C here in Berlin, still very low amounts of rain. The colors of the trees and the sunny blue sky are magnifying.

Looks like we're in for a warm night tonight. It's still 12°C outside!

Weather system with lots of water due to arrive tomorrow. That good that 1 state over, they have put out a warning to all residents to have a minimum of 3 days food available (presumably stuff that doesn't need cooking! )

On the bright side, they haven't actually repaired our road try after last weekend's rain event, so they won't have to duplicate want work! Lol

This must be the biggest and most distinct rainbow(s) I’ve ever seen:

Good news. A Memory Care room opened up where my parents live. I am going down on Sunday to get the room furnished so he can move in on Wednesday. It is a big room, with a big bathroom. I bought him a new bed today with a recline feature that works by a simple remote control. I'm having that delivered on Tuesday, and some movers are coming to move a few pieces of furniture from mom's apartment, also on Tuesday. I'll hang some leftover artwork from my parent's old house, and put some framed family photos on his chest of drawers.

CD

Generally I wear shoes and not flip-flops as 95% of the population seem to. I also have back problems so bending down to put on shoes is a pain. The solution is a shoe horn you may say; and I agree. However, I've looked in many shops and cannot find anyone who sells them. Shoe shops don't even have them for customers to use.

Yesterday I ordered one from China at $3.00 plus $1.00 shipping. I hate paying 33% extra for shipping but....

Generally I wear shoes and not flip-flops as 95% of the population seem to. I also have back problems so bending down to put on shoes is a pain. The solution is a shoe horn you may say; and I agree. However, I've looked in many shops and cannot find anyone who sells them. Shoe shops don't even have them for customers to use.

Yesterday I ordered one from China at $3.00 plus $1.00 shipping. I hate paying 33% extra for shipping but....

My grandad had a collection of shoe horns like that, and canes. Dozens of each.

For anyone following British politics, it's all going swimmingly, absolutely nothing to see here. :mad::headshake:
Scrolling through the headlines this morning, I had to do the online version of a double-take when I scrolled through the World News section:

“Latest Ukraine updates…<scroll>…Myanmar sentencing…<scroll>…UK govt in shambles…<scroll>…North Korean missl…wait, what was that?”

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom