The General Chat Thread (2016-2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
CookingBites is officially 10 years old this week.

I signed up a few days after it went live, and have just received my 10 years in notice!

So here is a piece of chocolate cake to celebrate with.

Winter's arriving. 22°C at 07:00 today. Quilt's out.

Because the results of my labwork have been inconclusive the last time, the rheumatologist still wants to wait with an appointment until december. Because if I'm ill long enough, the results should be clearer. But it means another two months of struggling, which I am not that happy with. Unfortunately I do understand that it is wiser to wait, but it's frustrating regardless.
And of course, I'm afraid that something goes wrong before that. Wouldn't be the first time I end up on the ER .

Don't loose your faith Windigo, we're with you. Diagnosing isn't something easy, especially when they already misunderstood the signals of your body before. Better wait for two monts, than start a new sort of treatment for another year, that's not working.

Don't loose your faith Windigo, we're with you. Diagnosing isn't something easy, especially when they already misunderstood the signals of your body before. Better wait for two monts, than start a new sort of treatment for another year, that's not working.
Oh I agree , for sure. But it's hard to be patient when struggling to perform basic tasks for almost a year.
But yeah I know I'll have to keep going because it will hopefully lead to clear results from the lab.

Wow...I can't believe over a month has passed. I'm long overdue in saying this, so here goes. No, I'm not "leaving", but I will have reduced availability for a while.

I work for Ford Motor Company. I'm relieved to say that this is still something I can say in the present tense. At the end of August, over 3000 of my coworkers were "laid off" (a nicer-sounding term for "fired" or "forced to retire"). I lost so many friends I can't begin to count. While this has taken an emotional toll, someone still needs to do the work. I have had to pick up work on programs I haven't supported in a while, or haven't supported at all before (like fully battery operated vehicles). This is requiring a lot of my time.

You may have noticed my time stamps tend to be mostly during my working day. This may still be possible, but I've been so busy lately I'm not sure when. I have been trying to post an entry in the Beer recipe challenge for the past 2 weeks, and most likely it won't get posted before the challenge ends.

It feels like the weight is starting to lift, slightly, as I become more familiar with the new programs, and as I embrace the "24 hour office". I will still get back into things as time permits, but I'm not sure when or to what extent.

Thank you, as always, for all the support. Hopefully, I'll be able to start posting again. In the meantime, I will continue to pop in from time to time, and see your amazing creations and entertaining ideas.

I know Ford CEO is commiting to EVs in a big way. BTW, Watching him on car shows and on the news, I couldn't figure out who he reminded me of. Then I made the name connection. Actor/comedian Chris Farley was his cousin.

CD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom