The General Chat Thread (2016-2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The BBC are reporting that the Murdock owned print media have turned on Trump, blaming him for the poor Republican polling.
Poor little Donnie, it couldn't happen to a nicer national security threat.

Yeah, Republicans are turning on DJT, and he's lashing out at them. He's even blaming his wife for Dr Oz's loss. Get some popcorn and some cold beers, sit back, and enjoy the show. :laugh:

CD

Yeah, Republicans are turning on DJT, and he's lashing out at them. He's even blaming his wife for Dr Oz's loss. Get some popcorn and some cold beers, sit back, and enjoy the show. :laugh:

CD
It is satisfying to watch.
For the sake of balance, should Biden be running for a second term? He has clearly served his country honourably for many years, but he looks to be increasingly struggling with the inevitability of old age.

For the sake of balance, should Biden be running for a second term?

IMO, no, but his party has nobody ready to run in his place, and win. VP Harris wouldn't stand a chance of winning, again IMO.

BTW, the cover of Rupert Murdock's New York Post...

Screen Shot 2022-11-10 at 2.30.55 PM.jpg

CD

Big cold front rolling through later today, and into the night. 30F/-1C overnight Saturday. Our first freeze of 2022.

Screen Shot 2022-11-10 at 11.45.57 AM.jpg

CD

IMO, no, but his party has nobody ready to run in his place, and win. VP Harris wouldn't stand a chance of winning, again IMO.

BTW, the cover of Rupert Murdock's New York Post...

View attachment 92361

CD
Murdock is properly going for him 🤣. Here in the UK the influence of his papers over the political landscape is out of proportion to the actual number of readers he has. Not good for democracy.

As I think I posted a couple of years ago, with Obama we saw a younger, dynamic, charismatic leader who was engaged and respected globally (if you agree with his policies or not doesn't matter). We all expected a new generation from both sides of the house to take control for the next 20 years, but both parties immediately went back to the pensioner class to find their leaders and speakers. This made no sense to anyone outside America, and now as you say the Democrats in particular have an experience and skill gap that shows no natural successors.

Murdock is properly going for him 🤣. Here in the UK the influence of his papers over the political landscape is out of proportion to the actual number of readers he has. Not good for democracy.

As I think I posted a couple of years ago, with Obama we saw a younger, dynamic, charismatic leader who was engaged and respected globally (if you agree with his policies or not doesn't matter). We all expected a new generation from both sides of the house to take control for the next 20 years, but both parties immediately went back to the pensioner class to find their leaders and speakers. This made no sense to anyone outside America, and now as you say the Democrats in particular have an experience and skill gap that shows no natural successors.

Young people and particular young single women lean heavily to Democratic candidates. One FOXnews talking head said the solution to this problem is get conservative men to "put a ring on that finger," or they need to get married, go to church, and make babies... you know, like the good old days. :rolleyes:

And yes, the Democratic party needs to find a new Obama. Biden is a good man, with a lot of experience, but he will be 80 years old at the next election (Trump will be 78).

CD

It was 73F/23C yesterday at this time, and now it is 46F/8C, and raining.

CD

In my capacity as a renowned international political analyst ( :eek: :eek: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:), and with all due respect to my US buddies, the worst possible Presidential scenario in 2024 would be Biden vs Trump. Now listen carefully, because this is profound...
  • A candidate who will be 82 years old
  • Another candidate who will be 78 years old
  • A population whose average age is 38
  • Ergo, one of two great grandads running the biggest economy in the world:hyper::hyper::hyper:
Wot appened to the youngsters, eh?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom