The General Chat Thread (2016-2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
They've doubled the predicted quantity of rain for tomorrow!

View attachment 92413
Whilst I know we've had rain fall that high, I don't think I've actually seen it forecast before.
Well, with just under 14hrs to go in the reporting period (9am to 9am) we're at almost 50mm of rain. I guess we're looking at the higher total rather than the lower end...

It is Monday, so right on schedule, my car didn't want to start. :banghead:

Something else is going on that is weird, and it pertains to my key fobs. My car has a keyless opeating system. As long as I have a key fob in my pocket, I can lock/unlock the doors just by touching a door handle, and start the car with the start/stop button without taking the fob out of my pocket. Basically, I put the fob in my pocket when I leave the house, and take it out when I get home.

Well, my primary key fob is not doing what it should do, and the back-up fob is, and the car will actually start with that fob, although hesitantly. I'm going to the Audi dealer this afternoon, and they are going to replace the key fob batteries for free, and I will see if that solves the starting on Mondays problem (only happens on Mondays, isn't that odd?).

CD

What's going on with the weather?

In the meantime, we’re currently experiencing the first snowfall of the season here!

Winter has arrive here (Dallas version of winter). It will probably come and go until January/February, when we get our worst weather.

Screen Shot 2022-11-14 at 4.59.12 PM.jpg

32F is 0C, which is our low temperature on Thursday morning.

CD

Funny exchange at Kroger today:

I was going through the self-checkout when a gentleman who looked to be in his 80’s rolled up in one of those battery-powered shopping scooters.

The 20-something young woman working the area came over and offered to scan his handful of purchases for him. He took that as an opportunity to tease her a little.

Every time she’d scan something, he’d look at the display, feign outrage, and say something like, “Nearly $3 for eggs?! That’s highway robbery!” or “I can’t believe you all are charging $7 for coffee! An old man like me will go broke!” - then he’d giggle a little and give her a wink.

After a couple more observations like that, she finally said, “I don’t know what to tell you, them’s the prices!”

By then, I was done and had wheeled my cart around so I was facing him, and he said, “High prices like that, I’m gonna call you the worst thing I can think of…a Democrat!” - then he gave me a wink, slapped his knee and started howling with laughter.

I wonder how many times he’s told that joke? :laugh:

The Factory across the road from our work place was raided at the weekend, apparently stolen car parts were found, no one in our office is surprised because it has all been rather dodgy for a while (long story), anyhow there is now a 24 hour police presence and over the next few days big lorries will be turning up to take away all of the stuff inside, could take a long time. Gives us all something to talk about/speculate. Clearly someone dobbed them in.

I thought you were supposed to be in late Spring with Summer in a few weeks time...

Its warmer here than in Australia!
Yep, we woke to 1.9°C this morning.
It had hailed and snowed but not stuck so far this morning. It's currently 6°C outside and it's almost 1pm. Glad I didn't try getting any waking done today!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom