The General Chat Thread (2016-2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
2 days ago I was sitting on the deck , enjoying a balmy 23º C (73ºF). And this morning...

View attachment 92417
Yep, I was about to post the same, neighbor!

It ain’t much, but it’s a start, first snow of the season! :hyper:

We've just been out for a walk and it is t-shirt weather.
I would say it is good weather for ducks, but the ducks are up the trees again. Perhaps I'll just say it is good weather for the frogs. It is afterall national frog id week here in Australia.

Wow, snow already! We got precipitation yesterday and today but it all came down as rain.

I’m finally allowed to bear a little weight on my injured leg, so I’ve been putting a small amount of weight on it and walking with the crutches. So much easier than non-weight bearing. It’s going really well, no real increase in pain or anything. I can also take off the boot at night now which feels so nice - sleeping with the big bulky boot on was such a pain!

Yesterday we went out to the Royal winter fair to see the horse show - I’ve been every year since I was 11 (excepting the last 2 pandemic years when it was cancelled). Of course, I bought the tickets before I got injured, so they weren’t accessible seats. Unfortunately the railings were wobbly and I couldn’t be used to help get up the stairs, so I ended up having to scootch up the stairs on my butt. I certainly hope the other audience members enjoyed watching that spectacle!

Sad news in Dallas today. Two vintage WWII aircraft collided at an air show, one of them a B17 Flying Fortress with several people on board. The show was put on by the Commemorative Air Force (formerly Confederate Air Force) based in Texas. Looks like no survivors from the two planes.

CD

Sad news in Dallas today. Two vintage WWII aircraft collided at an air show, one of them a B17 Flying Fortress with several people on board. The show was put on by the Commemorative Air Force (formerly Confederate Air Force) based in Texas. Looks like no survivors from the two planes.

CD
It made it to the news here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom