The General Chat Thread (2016-2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stars we have lost in 2022

Stars we have lost.jpg

Amazingly, the big storm that absolutely clobbered everyone around is…just kinda skipped us. It was quite windy for a few days, and it was a bit icey on Friday, but other than that…we got a light dusting of snow. That’s it - I was expecting it to be so much worse. No idea why it seemed to pass us over. Areas to both the west and east of us were bad (states of emergency, major highways closed, that sort of thing) but it just never got bad here!

I feel for everyone who did get hit with the storm - hope everyone is safe, warm, with lots of food and beverages!

I was off work today. I'd forgotten that I had one more "occasional absence" day left on the books, so I took it today.

No real plans, so I spent a good part of the day bouncing around different TV networks, streaming cooking shows from celebrity chefs. I hadn't done that in a while, and I have to say...every last one of them got on my nerves!

It was either the phony TV personality, or the roomful of equally phony TV "friends," or the outlandishly ridiculous descriptions of everyday things. It was just too much.

I don't know if I've changed or they've changed (maybe a little of both), but I couldn't find one I could watch for more than 10 minutes.

Just been round to our local Tesco Express for salad, they are selling Easter eggs...it's not even the New Year and they are already out on sale, wrong in every way.
I was just at our local CVS Drug store and there must have been something like 10 kids taking down all of the Christmas stuff and putting out Valentine's Day AND Easter things :eek:
I never saw any NYE party hats or poppers or anything ... what happened to celebrating the New Year? :facepalm:

Well, 2022 is going out with a thud. I wasn't getting better, so I went to a local Doc-in-a-Box, and got poked, swabbed and a chest ex-ray. Sure enough, pneumonia in my left lung. Not Pneumococcal Pneumonia, the one covered by the vaccine (and the bad one), one of the other ones that starts as a cold or the flu.

Good news is, the kind of have is easy to treat, and I should start feeling better in 24 hours with the antibiotics they are loading me up with. Bad news is, I won't be going to Houston this weekend, either.

Plan C is for me to go down next weekend, for my sister's Birthday. She will have more time off from work then, so that's a good thing.

CD

Well, 2022 is going out with a thud. I wasn't getting better, so I went to a local Doc-in-a-Box, and got poked, swabbed and a chest ex-ray. Sure enough, pneumonia in my left lung. Not Pneumococcal Pneumonia, the one covered by the vaccine (and the bad one), one of the other ones that starts as a cold or the flu.

Good news is, the kind of have is easy to treat, and I should start feeling better in 24 hours with the antibiotics they are loading me up with. Bad news is, I won't be going to Houston this weekend, either.

Plan C is for me to go down next weekend, for my sister's Birthday. She will have more time off from work then, so that's a good thing.

CD
I can't decide which emoji to use ... I'm sorry that you're ill and have to postpone yet again your family celebration, I'm glad that you'll be getting better very soon, and also it sounds like a win-win to wait until next week to go to Houston.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom