The General Chat Thread (2016-2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
As I was chopping the vegetables to go into tonight's dinner, I realized that I had diced off a small piece of my fingernail AND a bit of real dry skin off the tip of my thumb :thankyou:
OOPS!
I tried to find the little devils, but to no avail ... ah, what's a tiny piece of myself between husband and wife :whistling:🎶

Last edited:
Finally! Hope I will feel the effects fast. Could use some energy!
20221229_104738.jpg

Finally! Hope I will feel the effects fast. Could use some energy!
Hopefully you will do.

What you needed was a good point of my hubby's blood. He has haemochromatosis and the blood banks love his blood because of its very high ferritin levels. He has to have a unit a month removed. Better than before when he was first diagnosed (that was a unit a week for 18 months to get his levels back to safe).

Hope you feel 'better' soon (as in an improvement).

I was just at our local CVS Drug store and there must have been something like 10 kids taking down all of the Christmas stuff and putting out Valentine's Day AND Easter things :eek:
I never saw any NYE party hats or poppers or anything ... what happened to celebrating the New Year? :facepalm:

It is getting really silly starting so early.
We will see in the New Year at home with a bottle of fizz. Low-key

Hopefully you will do.

What you needed was a good point of my hubby's blood. He has haemochromatosis and the blood banks love his blood because of its very high ferritin levels. He has to have a unit a month removed. Better than before when he was first diagnosed (that was a unit a week for 18 months to get his levels back to safe).

Hope you feel 'better' soon (as in an improvement).
Oh that would have been great indeed, how did they find that out?

But yeah not being anemic will definitely help cope with the other things going on

Oh that would have been great indeed, how did they find that out?

But yeah not being anemic will definitely help cope with the other things going on
He got very seriously ill whilst I was in hospital. We thought he was anaemic because it's very similar symptoms, except he was a deadly grey. Luckily we have an excellent doctor who listened to him and actually diagnosed him with 2 diseases there and then and started to get him going with treatment. The irony is that I'm usually anaemic and he can't get rid of the stuff!

He got very seriously ill whilst I was in hospital. We thought he was anaemic because it's very similar symptoms, except he was a deadly grey. Luckily we have an excellent doctor who listened to him and actually diagnosed him with 2 diseases there and then and started to get him going with treatment. The irony is that I'm usually anaemic and he can't get rid of the stuff!
Very interesting never heard of that before, is it under control now?

We will see in the New Year at home with a bottle of fizz. Low-key
I´ll be at home with my bro, after having left Cincinnati at 4.30 am Friday and having arrived in London the following day at lunchtime... I don´t think I´ll be seen rolling down Park Lane with a bottle of Krug!

Very interesting never heard of that before, is it under control now?
The only control is blood letting as and when his ferritin levels exceed the maximum value, about once every 6 weeks at the moment.

But it also means that his blood is very valuable especially to ICU patients.

Here are some more (I believe in order most recent to past). There is some overlap, and some will not be well known outside the US. A few causght me by surprise when I went through them. I did not know that Ray Liotta had passed.

33 of the Biggest Celebrities Who Died in 2022

Franco Harris, 72 from Franco Harris, Stephen Boss, Kirstie Alley, and other notable people who died in 2022

CD

Update: Brazilian Football/Soccer legend Pele died today.

https://www.cnn.com/2022/12/29/football/brazil-pele-soccer-died-intl-latam-spt/index.html

CD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom