The General Chat Thread (2016-2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
-Gav-v&tn=ozx44fQSNxpNG5zX&_nc_ht=scontent.fnak3-1.jpg

Lest we forget.​

By 10am it was already 28°C (82F) here. Midday is fast approaching and it's 30°C which is what it peaked at yesterday. Today is definitely going to be hotter. We're done outside for the day, now inside, door, windows and blinds all shut and the lights and fans are all on.

For some reason as yet unknown, my parents lost water yesterday as well. I just don't know why yet. They are still without it.
My parents have water back thankfully. The tank in the block of apartments they live in, developed a slow leak that no-one had noticed and the leak had got to the point where it kept tripping the fuse to the pump... It choose Christmas day to finally give up.

I think I've almost finished setting up my new phone. There are a couple of apps (UK banking & my Australian phone account app) that I've not yet been able to transfer because they want to ring me and for whatever reason they can't connect to me where others can but almost everything is now on the new phone. It's only taken 3 days. :banghead:

I was able to move most stuff with the auto transfer but I couldn't take actual phone settings across without inheriting a printing problem that's literally driven me mad. My print services disable themselves immediately after use, so I have to re-enable them, scan the network and fail, enter the IP address if our home printer, let it scan and fail once more, find it on the second attempt and then print. Only to have to repeat each time. I thought it was a software problem when I had my new tablet a couple of years ago, only to find it follow me to the tablet, so this time I've had to not import all my settings but to manually reconfigure a lot of stuff. It's paid off so far because the printer is seen when I try to print

<goes off to confirm>

Yep, but phone print settings seem to think they are in America (letter not A4). Can't win them all LOL.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom