The General Chat Thread (2016-2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
@TooSweetForMe

I have never been to Rocky Mount.

The clients I have in Rocky Mount, used my travel tour company in Barcelona, while they were visiting and they had a grand time on the tour I had given them and since, that time, they have sent me some new clients from the región of Rocky Mount ..

Truly lovely group ..

All my best for a lovely afternoon.
It is almost 22.00 here ..

My wife is going for a check-up at the hospital tomorrow (could be an all day job) and it's the village's day for the application of the anti-mosquito smoke so I have my instructions. Get the cats inside and close all the windows and doors. Also it was my intention to cook a Bratfud Bangla so that's been postponed until Thirsday.

Iceland, we are in the North East.

A slightly different view from our accomodation today. A beautiful sunny day

P_20170704_094338.jpg

@TooSweetForMe

I have never been to Rocky Mount.

The clients I have in Rocky Mount, used my travel tour company in Barcelona, while they were visiting and they had a grand time on the tour I had given them and since, that time, they have sent me some new clients from the región of Rocky Mount ..

Truly lovely group ..

All my best for a lovely afternoon.
It is almost 22.00 here ..

You would like Rocky Mount, but you would also like the coastal region, especially Kill Devil Hills. It was where Man's First Flight took place on Jockey's Ridge, and also in Manteo which is where The Lost Colony is located.

It is grey, damp, misty and none too warm here today. In fact, all of those things that define a day by that splendid Scottish word dreich.

During a brief cessation of rain, we walked past the fair. Somebody was playing Walking on Sunshine very loudly. Tres amusant, as we say in Fife.

My wife is going for a check-up at the hospital tomorrow (could be an all day job) and it's the village's day for the application of the anti-mosquito smoke so I have my instructions. Get the cats inside and close all the windows and doors. Also it was my intention to cook a Bratfud Bangla so that's been postponed until Thirsday.

@Yorky

I hope all goes well for your wife ..

Good luck ..

You would like Rocky Mount, but you would also like the coastal region, especially Kill Devil Hills. It was where Man's First Flight took place on Jockey's Ridge, and also in Manteo which is where The Lost Colony is located.

@TooSweetForMe

Well if the 2018 or 2019 International Tourism Travel Convention is held in Washington D.C., then my husband would come with me, and I have thought of driving down to Alexandria, Virgina to see a dear friend from Barcelona, who is a Chef there, and then head south to Virigina Beach, Nags Head, North Carolina and Cape Hatteras. However, they are usually held in Manhattan or Boston or Chicago or San Francisco or Atlanta.

So, I usually fly over with colleagues for 4 days 3 nights and then, fly home the 7 hours to Barcelona ..

Yes, I have heard Nags Head, Kills Devil Hills and Cape Hatteras are breathtakingly beautiful.

Thanks for the travel data and have a lovely July 4th ..

@TooSweetForMe

Well if the 2018 or 2019 International Tourism Travel Convention is held in Washington D.C., then my husband would come with me, and I have thought of driving down to Alexandria, Virgina to see a dear friend from Barcelona, who is a Chef there, and then head south to Virigina Beach, Nags Head, North Carolina and Cape Hatteras. However, they are usually held in Manhattan or Boston or Chicago or San Francisco or Atlanta.

So, I usually fly over with colleagues for 4 days 3 nights and then, fly home the 7 hours to Barcelona ..

Yes, I have heard Nags Head, Kills Devil Hills and Cape Hatteras are breathtakingly beautiful.

Thanks for the travel data and have a lovely July 4th ..

Hopefully one of these years it will be in DC. You would love the East Coast. You're welcome for the travel data. I was working in Corolla the year when the Wright Brothers 100th anniversary was celebrated, and the hotel I worked at was booked solid for about a week - which is highly unusual for December. But I didn't mind, and the tips were excellent that week.

Hopefully one of these years it will be in DC. You would love the East Coast. You're welcome for the travel data. I was working in Corolla the year when the Wright Brothers 100th anniversary was celebrated, and the hotel I worked at was booked solid for about a week - which is highly unusual for December. But I didn't mind, and the tips were excellent that week.

@TooSweetForMe

A couple of years ago, when we were in Boston, my husband rented a car and we drove to Hyannis Port and took a seaplane to Martha´s Vineyard, Nantucket and Provincetown. It was very beautiful .. We live on the sea and love the sea ..

We truly have had a wonderful time in Manhattan .. It is quite a dazzling dynamic cinematic city .. Reminds me alot of Barcelona and Madrid ..

San Francisco is just amazingly incredible as well .. Extraordinarily beautiful city.

Chicago was quite exceptionally extraordinary too .. The Frank Lloyd Wright brownstones were incredible ..

The other 2 cities, I stayed with my colleagues and took advantage of the hotels .. I stayed at the Disney Resorts, Orlando, The Dolphin for 4 days 3 nights and the Atlanta, the Hyatt. Both top notch 5 star hotels .. Did not have time to explore the cities themselves as these 2 conventions included courses in the latest software for the tourism industry and it was not possible time wise .. I took took advantage of the gym and spa which I enjoy very much !

And the Conventions are held in the Winter time so this could be quite a globe trotting mind blowing experience ..

All my best and have a lovely evening ..
Happy July 4th ..

Last edited:
@Lullabelle

Looks very lovely for a change of pace .. And surely there must be a local tavern with some fresh fish / shellfish !!

Have a wonderful day / evening ..

We are thank you. We move on tomorrow but will stop at Myvatn Naturebath, really looking forward to it, we have been to the Blue Lagoon last time in Iceland. Trouble is I am uncomfortable stripping naked infront of other women to shower, I am body conscious so a bit awkward but just have to get on with it.

https://www.myvatnnaturebaths.is

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom