The General Chat Thread (2016-2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
When I obtained my first driving licence here it was only valid for one year. I was told to return after one year to receive the "normal" five year licence. I returned on the date of expiry but was only issued with another one year licence. I enquired why I was not issued a five year licence and was told that they could only be issued when you have held the original licence for more than one year. I should have applied the following day.

Sounds like a wonderful time was had by all during the conventions. Although I can imagine getting around in the northern cities during the winter is a challenge. We had a quiet 4th. I taped 2 fireworks specials for Mom to watch sometime today. She doesn't do crowds too well and we had a bit of rain yesterday so going out was a no-go.
It rained here starting around 1230AM. That put a stop to the remaining idiots that obviously don't think laws apply to them. The cops couldn't stop all of them.

I would love to visit Iceland. it looks like our is a stunning country. I do hope you have a good time there. have a good holiday.

The scenery is jaw dropping, snow covered mountains, waterfalls, mile upon mile of barren land, we drove for over 30 minutes before we saw another vehicle! Awesome country. :thumbsup:

@Lullabelle

I can empathise with you ..

We prefer good Hotels on our trips .. We fly as we enjoy it and then we use public transport to get where we wish to around the city we are visiting ..

I hate cars and have never driven ..

My husband drives (has a car too. ) and he rents a car when we travel to France or Italy or Switzerland ( mostly ) and we prefer to stay in places where we have accumulated "Points" .. Also we are in the travel business so we book way in advance and get good good rates ..

We flew to Bucharest, Romania last year in March, 2016 and an old lady friend of our´s from university who lives in Bucharest picked us up at the Airport and chauffered us through Translyvania, with her husband ..

It was quite an astoundingly amazing trip .. We were there 21 days .. We spent 13 nights in Brasov and 7 nights in Bucharest Capital ..

I must run .. It is 23.00 and I want to relax as I must get up to provide a tour day for a group on Wednesday and have to get up at 6am to get ready and meet the group at their hotel ..

All my best and have a lovely trip.

I twice started taking lessons but had to stop (long stories) so I do not drive. Thing is over here they drive on the opposite side of the road to us and the driver is on the left instead of right which makes the gears in an 'odd' place. Bearing in mind the windy gravel tracks we have gone along it makes the journey very interesting.

The view from this hotel window
P_20170705_175949.jpg

@Lullabelle

Lovely .. So so so Green ..

Have a lovely trip ..

This part is yes, on the drive over we went through some very desolate places where nothing grew, lava fields.. it was just the most spectacular scenery. Hopefully tomorrow we will find some time to take some pics. We are going pony trekking tomorrow :thumbsup:

Yesterday at the nature baths we both caught the sun. We didn't spend the entire time chin deep in the water so as the sun was shining and quite strong we are both a bit red. Anyone going in is advised to remove jewelry because the minerals etc.. in the water can turn it black! Even having a shower afterwards, my husbands hands were still a bit wet when he put his wedding ring back on, it was silver and is now gold :meh:

Today's example of my wife's logic. 5 pm and she's going to the market. "It's going to rain" she says (which was obvious from the black skies) - "make sure you take the computer inside". "Why are you going to the market on the bike when it's going to rain? Take the truck!"

No answer.

Anyway, she's going to be very wet now as the heavens opened 10 minutes after she left and the market is open air.

At least it's warm rain.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom