The General Chat Thread (2016-2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
A few years ago my steady loss of hair caused me to adopt a simple strategy - mow the lot. Now it looks the same length all over doesn't look 'out' of fashion and costs nothing to do [my wife just zooms over it with a hair trimmer]. Now if only I could persuade her to do the same :whistling:

Cat wars continued.....
A black cat wandered in from the kitchen tonight, went in the cat carrier, curled up, and fell asleep!
Trouble is, it was the wrong black cat.
I am not looking forward to Monday morning! :whistling:

I've seen an advert for flying with Air France. Fly in luxury to Europe thanks to our Business duo offers from THB 79,723 per person (Currently £1,850.00)
minimum 2 passengers travelling together.

And this is what they give you to eat!

air france.jpg

Cat wars continued.....
A black cat wandered in from the kitchen tonight, went in the cat carrier, curled up, and fell asleep!
Trouble is, it was the wrong black cat.
I am not looking forward to Monday morning! :whistling:

I tried to open the door of what I thought was my house many years ago. Just as I was falling fall face into the hall, it dawned on me that the front door was a different colour to what it had been in the morning. Luckily, the person that opened the door was most understanding.

A few years ago my steady loss of hair caused me to adopt a simple strategy - mow the lot. Now it looks the same length all over doesn't look 'out' of fashion and costs nothing to do [my wife just zooms over it with a hair trimmer]. Now if only I could persuade her to do the same :whistling:

My husband is receding so I give him a number 2 all over.

We both went into work this morning 7-11, spending 4 hours alone in the office meant I got loads of work done because there were no interruptions.

We made a trip to MY Mecca on Friday - Cleveland's West Side Market. We got there rather late. It's quite a distance from our daughter's - almost 50 miles! Add in the diversion to pick up our son at his place...and then he didn't come along. When we spoke, he thought he would be fine enough to go along in spite of a throbbing toothache. By the time we got to his apartment, he decided to head back to bed and try to avoid thinking about his tooth. He has an appointment for an extraction on Tuesday, so it's going to be a long weekend for him.

While at the market, we picked up a few of our favorite things from our favorite vendors. The meat stand had our smokies and beef jerky. The bakery that our daughter had requested a few items from no longer had what she was hoping for. So, after West Side Market, we took a long drive to the University Circle area of Cleveland to hit up our favorite Italian bakery - Corbo's. I walked out with a bag full of goodies (cannoli, kolach, biscotti, and the Cleveland version of Cassata cake) so she was happy after all. Need to keep her happy when we're in town - we stay at her place! :D

We made a trip to MY Mecca on Friday - Cleveland's West Side Market. We got there rather late. It's quite a distance from our daughter's - almost 50 miles! Add in the diversion to pick up our son at his place...and then he didn't come along. When we spoke, he thought he would be fine enough to go along in spite of a throbbing toothache. By the time we got to his apartment, he decided to head back to bed and try to avoid thinking about his tooth. He has an appointment for an extraction on Tuesday, so it's going to be a long weekend for him.

While at the market, we picked up a few of our favorite things from our favorite vendors. The meat stand had our smokies and beef jerky. The bakery that our daughter had requested a few items from no longer had what she was hoping for. So, after West Side Market, we took a long drive to the University Circle area of Cleveland to hit up our favorite Italian bakery - Corbo's. I walked out with a bag full of goodies (cannoli, kolach, biscotti, and the Cleveland version of Cassata cake) so she was happy after all. Need to keep her happy when we're in town - we stay at her place! :D

Wow! That market looks fantastic. I'd love to visit. There are not very good markets in my area but in London of course, there is Borough Market which is a gourmet's paradise!

I tried to open the door of what I thought was my house many years ago. Just as I was falling fall face into the hall, it dawned on me that the front door was a different colour to what it had been in the morning. Luckily, the person that opened the door was most understanding.
Many years ago, my uncle was very ill with a premature aging disease similar to dementia. He used to go down the pub a couple of nights a week, and the local police often used to pick him up and stick him in the cells rather than let him wander around on his own late at night. One night he wandered into the next borough and the police there were not so accommodating. Once they'd established he was not drunk, they told him to go home, which he did. He got his keys out, opened the door, and went straight upstairs to the bedroom, whereupon he got into bed. The neighbours were soon woken up by screaming. He had gone to his old address, which a young couple had moved into, and still had the keys. The husband was away working, and his wife was in bed.....

:eek: Awkward! I'm sure that poor young bride was rather distressed by her surprise visitor., @Elawin.

Wow! That market looks fantastic. I'd love to visit. There are not very good markets in my area but in London of course, there is Borough Market which is a gourmet's paradise!
I love West Side Market! It's not as old as your Borough Market, though, which looks rather interesting, too. West Side Market was opened in 1912. There are roughly 100 stalls, 60-ish inside, 40 in a sheltered arcade on two sides of the building exterior. The outside vendors are mostly for fruits and vegetables, although there are a few specialty vendors for coffee, honey, and flowers. The inside stands offer meats, cheeses, herbs and spices, breads, fresh-made pasta, fresh seafood, and a few other things I don't remember right at the moment. I think I gain a few pounds each time I walk through there!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom