The General Chat Thread (2016-2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
So. Yesterday I cut my finger, right on the tip of the middle finger.

Thing is, I've sliced and chopped onions, carrots, all sorts of meat and I can't remember the last time I cut my finger.

Yesterday I was slicing a bagel in half ready for toasting. A bagel for flips sake! And for some stupid, stupid reason I left my middle finger overhanging slightly. Jeepers did I jump when I did it, bled well and still flipping sore today.

You reminded me of a friend who stabbed herself in the palm of her hand trying to get an avo pip out.

Russ

So. Yesterday I cut my finger, right on the tip of the middle finger.

Thing is, I've sliced and chopped onions, carrots, all sorts of meat and I can't remember the last time I cut my finger.

Yesterday I was slicing a bagel in half ready for toasting. A bagel for flips sake! And for some stupid, stupid reason I left my middle finger overhanging slightly. Jeepers did I jump when I did it, bled well and still flipping sore today.

Ouchy :blackeye:

At work today a box was delivered, far too heavy for me to lift so I asked 1 of the guys to help, bring the sack barrow because the box is really heavy-he picked it up as though it was a sheet of paper! He is a strong lad, doesn't smoke or drink, we works out, not overly pumped up but takes good care of himself, always friendly and smiling, works hard. Popular with the ladies :wink:

Sitting waiting to be admitted for a minor op. There are signs everywhere that say no food or drink, patients fasting. I can small toast!

Come on that's not fair . I've had no breakfast and I'm hungry. I only really eat toast for breakfast, nothing else.

Hope it all goes ok :hug:

A few years back, my last op waiting for the needle in the hand, one of the nurses was drinking coffee-don't drink the stuff but it smelt heavenly and made me feel hungry, she apologised but hadn't had a drink that morning and was in need of a strong coffee.

I mentioned it to the nurse admitting me . She explained that the problem was that the air ducts for catering and day surgery were connected and thus the smell couldn't be eradicated! She agreed that it was very unfair on fasting patients and also on staff! I couldn't have any because no-one could guarantee me that there was no milk in the bread !

Sitting waiting to be admitted for a minor op. There are signs everywhere that say no food or drink, patients fasting. I can small toast!

Come on that's not fair . I've had no breakfast and I'm hungry. I only really eat toast for breakfast, nothing else.

The hospital food is so bad here, it wouldn't surprise me if they burnt toast as well. Good luck today.

This evening we watched the real Marigold hotel, 4 celebs travelling to other countries to see what it is like for retirees. This time it was Rosemary Shrager, Wayne Sleep, Sid Little, Stephanie Beacham. I was interested because they went to Vietnam which is a country
that I am looking to go to at some point, trouble is it was all about the celebs and very little about the country itself.

This evening we watched the real Marigold hotel, 4 celebs travelling to other countries to see what it is like for retirees. This time it was Rosemary Shrager, Wayne Sleep, Sid Little, Stephanie Beacham. I was interested because they went to Vietnam which is a country
that I am looking to go to at some point, trouble is it was all about the celebs and very little about the country itself.

I too want to go to Vietnam.

Russ

Hubby ended up going across the road to a sourdough bakery he knows about. They do amazing sourdough. 2 loaves found their way to the car . A delicious couscous salad made its way to me. I don't normally like couscous but there wasn't anything else vegan . What didn't make its way to me was anything in the way of cutlery so I ate me snacks (they live in the bottom of my rucksack for emergencies) so I could be discharged and ate the salad on the way home. I keep children's Ikea cutlery in the car dashboard for exactly this reason . It's hidden underneath everything at the back . For $1.99 it's worth the purchase !

Anyhow because they hadn't got the air mattress for me either I had no intention of staying any longer than I could . The nurse looking after me also had a bad back so understood the problem . I normally take morphine for pain relief. I needed something stronger (four times ) in recovery not because of the op but because of the foam mattress I was on. As soon as I could I was back in my wheelchair! It is much more comfortable! Home was a relief . I struggled to stay awake until my usual become but failed and went to be at 8pm. I guess after a general anaesthetic it's allowed . Very sleepy today . I was going to make chocolate eclairs for @morning glory's choux pastry challenge using the link she gave to a dairy free version in the Guardian newspaper but I think it may have to wait until Saturday or Monday . I'm at rehab tomorrow so I need to sleep when my body says it needs it today which is a shame because I picked several kilos of figs this morning with a plan to scoop out the flesh and make jam from them but I guess they are waiting until Saturday as well!

Had anyone tried freezing figs? Do they freeze? I'll ask in a new thread . I've got some lemons in the freezer and plans to start getting a few eggs into the freezer as well for winter .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom