The General Chat Thread (2016-2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gotten up this morning to here the wonderful news that our internal Australian flight had been cancelled due to the bad weather here in Canberra at the moment. It's a twin prop that does the jump from Canberra to Sydney flying lower than the other flights. It's great because it means you get to see much more of the coast. But it's been windy for the last few weeks with a really unsettled series of weather fronts coming up from the Southern Ocean. It was blowing a gale last night when we went to bed. It was worse this morning when we got up. Flight cancelled.

We're now on a later flight with a different airline but that means we don't make the connection, that really important bit Sydney to Heathrow. If it came to it we could drive tho Sydney and from Heathrow but the middle but is the challenge...

So that flight is now with another airline as wrt and tbh a better one. But, and this is the little bit of information that should been in huge block capital letters... the tiny weeny bit about me and my wheelchair and needing help at the airports did NOT get taken over, (not did my dietary requirements but I can always manage with that somehow). However the wheelchair and help are important...
Grrr

This isn't going smoothly. Taxi pickup time now changed as well.

20190820_195257.jpg

Left to right:
Sage Derby: Pasteurised cows-buttery, creamy texture, herbal aromas

Wyfe of Bath: Pasteurised cows-semi-hard with redolent of buttercups and summer meadows.

Blacksticks Blue:Pasteurised cows-delicate blue.

Boilie goats cheese: Pasteurised goats, small herb and sunflower oil marinated goats cheese.

We bought Sage Derby and Boilie goat, words cannot express just how amazing the goats cheese is.

View attachment 31063

Left to right:
Sage Derby: Pasteurised cows-buttery, creamy texture, herbal aromas

Wyfe of Bath: Pasteurised cows-semi-hard with redolent of buttercups and summer meadows.

Blacksticks Blue:Pasteurised cows-delicate blue.

Boilie goats cheese: Pasteurised goats, small herb and sunflower oil marinated goats cheese.

We bought Sage Derby and Boilie goat, words cannot express just how amazing the goats cheese is.

It's only 8.25 AM here and I wish to have those cheeses for breakfast right now!

It's only 8.25 AM here and I wish to have those cheeses for breakfast right now!

We bought some Sage Derby and the goat 'pearls', we already have some Blacksticks blue in the fridge, we have been having some in our lunch sandwichs. The guy who hosts claims the goat cheese works well on pizza so this weekend my husband wants to make a pizza and use the cheese :hungry:

Good morning all :wave:

It is cool, little sunshine but that is ok. I like to walk in and most mornings see the same faces-smile and say good morning, a cheery start to the day.

I love cheese as well, my faves masdaam but I like aged cheddar as well.

Cruisy day here looking after kids, beans on toast here. They've had chicken nearly every night. With a poached egg as well. Nice spring day......but it's still winter.

Russ

In this country we always seem to have bad weather on Bank Holidays, this weekend it is supposed to be lovely-hope I haven't now jinxed it :unsure:

Because of the severe drought conditions that we are experiencing, I've just spent almost £500.00 on installing a deep well pump.

Ironic that it hasn't stopped raining for the last 5 days!

However, it will need to rain consistently for another two months to even get near to the previous status quo.

South Florida goes through periods of too much water and drought. Last drought, alligators had to walk on the dry bottom of the Turner River, which is usually 6' deep with water.

I love cheese as well, my faves masdaam but I like aged cheddar as well.

Cruisy day here looking after kids, beans on toast here. They've had chicken nearly every night. With a poached egg as well. Nice spring day......but it's still winter.

Russ

My stepsons have sensory issues, one of them is 19 and will only eat unseasoned mashed potatoes with boiled spinach and hotdogs, every single day of the year no matter the weather or other circumstances. Obviously trying to change this at this age is not a real option, currently we're seeing if he can get treatment for selective eating disorder.
As for me, I don't know how he does it. I'd absolutely hate to eat what he eats every single day for all his life.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom