The General Chat Thread (2016-2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's great! :chocegg:

However, for us that didn't go that way. The nutritionist said the same when he was a kid, but he's 19 now and unfortunately things are still the same and he refuses to try new foods.

Who cooks the mash potatoes, spinach and hotdogs?

A disaster is more like... All 4 had something go wrong.
But mentioning the drunk passenger was exceptionally useful because words were said to him and he wasn't allowed anymore alcohol and told he had to behave. Not a peep as heard from him for the 2nd part of the flight!
We were also not sitting by him for the 2nd pay but that had nothing to do with him but with us being moved onto that flight at the last minute.
I got to sit next to an extraordinarily behaved little girl (4yrs old) and spent most of the flight playing with her because neither her nor I could sleep. Towards the end she was a little hyper but that's because her breakfast in-flight was 2 pan au chocolat. Hubby had 1 of them... right at the end as we started to descend she went to sleep! Just like a light switch. All 3 flights we actually had were badly affected with turbulence to the point where even the cabin crew were told to stop and sit and put their seat belts on for extended periods of time...

Family reunion tonight... yuck. Hate going out to a pub at the best of times. their even my youngest brother is coming up to see me!
Everything about your trip is why I won't fly. lol
I hope you can relax and have a good time tonight.

It was no plastic bag day the other day in the supermarket. My wife came back with a cardboard box containing the groceries.

Ever item in the box was either in a plastic bag or wrapped in plastic.

Part of our lawn is in the shade so we have moved the run, put the cover over for extra cover and our boys are now outside. I bought a pet carrier and left that in the run so they have somewhere to go if they feel a bit spooked.
We used to add cut branches of hazelnut as well. Anything like that added shade and shelter. Ours loved it and used to eat the leaves. We also had a number of half drain pipes (the cement ones that are for being in the ground). They were there for hiding in if there was s bird of prey around such as a buzzard, the guinea pigs loved them.

We used to add cut branches of hazelnut as well. Anything like that added shade and shelter. Ours loved it and used to eat the leaves. We also had a number of half drain pipes (the cement ones that are for being in the ground). They were there for hiding in if there was s bird of prey around such as a buzzard, the guinea pigs loved them.

We are looking to sort out some toys etc..for them but it is way too hot for them to go outside.

We are looking to sort out some toys etc..for them but it is way too hot for them to go outside.
We used to leave them out year round, unless it dropped below -10°C. Heat never seemed to bother ours. We were in Surrey at the time. Right now we're in Cheshire and it was 22°C earlier this morning. I'm not sure what it is now but I hadn't consisted it too warm for them in the slightest at least not in the shade.

When we had a run outside, I took to stretching a tarp fastened with bungee cords as a quasi-temporary "roof" - it always looked a mess, because the run was an odd shape, and the tarp and bungees were stretched every which way.

The first time I did that, I was quite impressed with my cleverness, but then the wife came outside, looked at how hodgepodge it was, and made me do it over to make it (slightly) better looking. Her three-sentence critique - "That's too hillbilly!" :laugh:

Yesterday I bought 2 tshirts for our holiday, both mens, one was £4.00 and other £5.00, one went through the till at £4.00, the other at £3.50, I am happy with that :thumbsup:

When I was in England 20 years ago I found it difficult to buy a shirt for under 20 quid! C & A, Chester.

Even though I have kept many over the years I feel like I am starting anew. Back then cages were wood, no internet to look for alternatives, didn't have the peppers and herbs we do now. With having so many in one go along with rabbits they would spend time together and entertain each other, now there is only 2 so we need to be mindful regarding entertainment so they don't get bored.

I have let our boys out of their cage so they can explore the room.
20190825_130320.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom