The General Chat Thread (2016-2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I won't miss looking after my sons animals, two cats and a dog. The dogs cool, the cats are greedy, they fought over feeding then spewed up after gorging their food. So then they were fed outside on the decking and not let inside for an hour to make sure they didn't spew. They are real friendly and nice cats, apart from feeding time.

Russ

Still horribly hot here. Yesterday I realised that my friend had accidentally switched on the central heating! Not sure how long it had been on but It was 30 C outside and I'm sure nearly oven temperature in the house. Blimey....

Shops are now starting to stock Autumn clothing so the Summer stuff is being sold off, I bought 1 pair of shorts and a pair of thin trousers, both half price :thumbsup:
I buy a lot of my clothes off-season. Nothing like getting a heavy Chaps jumper that was originally $85 for $6!

There was a spider in our bath, it was so big I couldn't wash it down the plug hole :eek:

It had tattoos and was wearing Doc Martins, that fella was hard, my husband threw it out of the window..my hero :love:

You should see the ones in Bali. They are BIG!!

Russ

:hyper:I'm completely phobic about them.

Story 1
Many years ago, I was once alone in a bedsit late at night and a huge spider scuttled across the floor and came to a standstill in the middle of the room. I managed to put a glass over it. And there it had to stay because I couldn't bear to do anything else. I barely slept at all that night. In the morning, I asked the landlord who lived downstairs to remove it.

Story 2.
Much worse - this was more recent and I mentioned it here before. I was driving back from taking my daughter to work when a gigantic spider literally fell onto the passenger seat. I couldn't stop the car and even if I had, I'm not sure what I would have done. So I drove back in a state of almost frozen panic. Out of the corner of my eye I noticed it move and it seemed to disappear under my handbag (which was on the seat). When I got back home I flew out of the car and rushed into the house and asked my partner to remove it. And hey! It wasn't there... he literally ended up almost taking the car apart looking for it, to no avail.

So there I was, with a car which I was too frightened to drive! I phoned a garage and asked if they could fumigate it - but they said this was not advisable. I got as far as considering purchasing a new car. Seriously! In the end I fumigated it myself by spraying the whole of the interior with creepy-crawly killer and then leaving it for several days. I never saw the spider again but I'm still haunted by the memory and now carry a can of creepy-crawly spray in the car at all times.

:hyper:I'm completely phobic about them.

Story 1
Many years ago, I was once alone in a bedsit late at night and a huge spider scuttled across the floor and came to a standstill in the middle of the room. I managed to put a glass over it. And there it had to stay because I couldn't bear to do anything else. I barely slept at all that night. In the morning, I asked the landlord who lived downstairs to remove it.

Story 2.
Much worse - this was more recent and I mentioned it here before. I was driving back from taking my daughter to work when a gigantic spider literally fell onto the passenger seat. I couldn't stop the car and even if I had, I'm not sure what I would have done. So I drove back in a state of almost frozen panic. Out of the corner of my eye I noticed it move and it seemed to disappear under my handbag (which was on the seat). When I got back home I flew out of the car and rushed into the house and asked my partner to remove it. And hey! It wasn't there... he literally ended up almost taking the car apart looking for it, to no avail.

So there I was, with a car which I was too frightened to drive! I phoned a garage and asked if they could fumigate it - but they said this was not advisable. I got as far as considering purchasing a new car. Seriously! In the end I fumigated it myself by spraying the whole of the interior with creepy-crawly killer and then leaving it for several days. I never saw the spider again but I'm still haunted by the memory and now carry a can of creepy-crawly spray in the car at all times.

I guess you never ever wanted to see the movie "Spider-man" :laugh:

@morning glory - I get that. I grew in a house we built ourselves, and we moved in just as soon as it was dried in, so we kind of finished the house around us.

That meant that there were always loads of spiders (and big ones, by Ohio standards) all about.

Walk in a room, turn on a light, spiders. Go to take a shower, pull back the curtain, spiders. I mentioned earlier hating to go to the root cellar for canned food because it was literally crawling with spiders.

I was on another forum, and we had an Aussie member, and she constantly posted photos she took of those giant ones there (Hunter spiders?) - I had to leave the forum, because I'd be scrolling through a topic, and then a huge picture of a spider as big as her hand sitting on her counter or her car seat or whatever.

The wife had a conference in Australia, and her ticket included a plus one, and I declined, based purely on the spiderlife.

I don't even like the word. It looks and sounds as creepy as the real thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom