The General Chat Thread (2016-2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
one of them is 19 and will only eat unseasoned mashed potatoes with boiled spinach and hotdogs, every single day of the year no matter the weather or other circumstances.

Doesn't he eat anything else at all? I mean at other times a day - or is this breakfast, lunch & dinner?

Doesn't he eat anything else at all? I mean at other times a day - or is this breakfast, lunch & dinner?

Oh no fortunately he does eat bread, crackers, peanut butter, chocolate spread, cheese and chips. But that's really all..

So every day he eats bread/crackers with the above spreads or cheese and the described hot meal.

Oh no fortunately he does eat bread, crackers, peanut butter, chocolate spread, cheese and chips. But that's really all..

So every day he eats bread/crackers with the above spreads or cheese and the described hot meal.

Trouble is he is almost bound to be lacking in certain vitamins given that the only vegetables he eats are spinach and potato. I suppose at least he eats one green veg. No fruit at all though.

Our son growing up used to only eat tomato sauce sammys, except for cereal for brekky, sauce sammys lunch and tea. My wife was worried and took him to a nutritionist. They said just leave him be, he will eat when he's ready. When he was early teens he switched to everything. And I mean everything, him and his mate used to eat a 10 litre ice cream in one sitting. He's still a huge eater, with not a pound of fat on him, he works out a lot.

Russ

Morning all.

Well if British Airways had had their way, we'd still be at London Heathrow now.

Every single flight had issues. All 4 failed some way or other, including just failing full stop.

We got up to a text message to say that our first flight had been cancelled. We ended up on a later flight which was also delayed causing us to miss the intercontinental flight. So they booked us onto a different flight, different company. That was late leaving because they had to wait for us to be transferred etc... Then it was late because of other issues including missing it's allotted take off time... it arrived late in Singapore... and the guy next to us was drunk by this time (words mentioned to the stewardess do that she could pass it on). Singapore happened ok, but literally unloaded, then through security and reloaded... No stop over nothing. Took off ok and arrived ok, but the lower deck bridges were not working so unloading all the passengers took a long time and wheelchairs come off last. Plus they couldn't get into the cargo hold very quickly so couldn't get my wheelchair out and by the time we had been unloaded we had already missed our check-in time for our final flight (located at a different terminal). This caused major problems because there were no more flights available that day... they wanted to put us up in a hotel overnight at London Heathrow and put us on a flight today... by this time we'd had enough and said not happening. My brother cancelled his lessons for yesterday (he's a diving instructor), and drive down from Manchester to London to pick us up. But all of this meant that we also couldn't pick up pour hire car on time and missed to 4hr window for pickup. Extra costs incurred for a different vehicle of a higher class vehicle which will get billed back to the airline in question... as will my brothers fuel and anything else we can (parking tickets, roll road costs because the free motorway around Birmingham was stationary by this time so we bailed to the toll road) and no on.

I did not want to repeat that journey...

Morning all.

Well if British Airways had had their way, we'd still be at London Heathrow now.

Every single flight had issues. All 4 failed some way or other, including just failing full stop.

We got up to a text message to say that our first flight had been cancelled. We ended up on a later flight which was also delayed causing us to miss the intercontinental flight. So they booked us onto a different flight, different company. That was late leaving because they had to wait for us to be transferred etc... Then it was late because of other issues including missing it's allotted take off time... it arrived late in Singapore... and the guy next to us was drunk by this time (words mentioned to the stewardess do that she could pass it on). Singapore happened ok, but literally unloaded, then through security and reloaded... No stop over nothing. Took off ok and arrived ok, but the lower deck bridges were not working so unloading all the passengers took a long time and wheelchairs come off last. Plus they couldn't get into the cargo hold very quickly so couldn't get my wheelchair out and by the time we had been unloaded we had already missed our check-in time for our final flight (located at a different terminal). This caused major problems because there were no more flights available that day... they wanted to put us up in a hotel overnight at London Heathrow and put us on a flight today... by this time we'd had enough and said not happening. My brother cancelled his lessons for yesterday (he's a diving instructor), and drive down from Manchester to London to pick us up. But all of this meant that we also couldn't pick up pour hire car on time and missed to 4hr window for pickup. Extra costs incurred for a different vehicle of a higher class vehicle which will get billed back to the airline in question... as will my brothers fuel and anything else we can (parking tickets, roll road costs because the free motorway around Birmingham was stationary by this time so we bailed to the toll road) and no on.

I did not want to repeat that journey...

:ohmy: :hug: what a mess.

:ohmy: :hug: what a mess.
A disaster is more like... All 4 had something go wrong.
But mentioning the drunk passenger was exceptionally useful because words were said to him and he wasn't allowed anymore alcohol and told he had to behave. Not a peep as heard from him for the 2nd part of the flight!
We were also not sitting by him for the 2nd pay but that had nothing to do with him but with us being moved onto that flight at the last minute.
I got to sit next to an extraordinarily behaved little girl (4yrs old) and spent most of the flight playing with her because neither her nor I could sleep. Towards the end she was a little hyper but that's because her breakfast in-flight was 2 pan au chocolat. Hubby had 1 of them... right at the end as we started to descend she went to sleep! Just like a light switch. All 3 flights we actually had were badly affected with turbulence to the point where even the cabin crew were told to stop and sit and put their seat belts on for extended periods of time...

Family reunion tonight... yuck. Hate going out to a pub at the best of times. their even my youngest brother is coming up to see me!

@SatNavSaysStraightOn - god, that sounds awful. I've only had one trip like that where the flights were bad beginning to end, and I never want to repeat it.

At least you're there now. When you're at that family reunion, imagine yourself back in Heathrow, then the reunion might not seem so bad. :)

Trouble is he is almost bound to be lacking in certain vitamins given that the only vegetables he eats are spinach and potato. I suppose at least he eats one green veg. No fruit at all though.

We know. We have him checked up for vitamins regularly, currently his only deficiency is miracoulously vit D but we're worried so we are trying to get treatment.

Our son growing up used to only eat tomato sauce sammys, except for cereal for brekky, sauce sammys lunch and tea. My wife was worried and took him to a nutritionist. They said just leave him be, he will eat when he's ready. When he was early teens he switched to everything. And I mean everything, him and his mate used to eat a 10 litre ice cream in one sitting. He's still a huge eater, with not a pound of fat on him, he works out a lot.

Russ

That's great! :chocegg:

However, for us that didn't go that way. The nutritionist said the same when he was a kid, but he's 19 now and unfortunately things are still the same and he refuses to try new foods.

Part of our lawn is in the shade so we have moved the run, put the cover over for extra cover and our boys are now outside. I bought a pet carrier and left that in the run so they have somewhere to go if they feel a bit spooked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom