The General Chat Thread (2016-2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Arggghhhh...did a TastyReuben greatest hits - skimmed a recipe, then found out halfway through, there's a "simmer for two hours" step - too late to turn back, but now I'm faced with preparing a second meal on the fly.

At least supper tomorrow is sorted...

Good family friend just rang, his brother in law passed this morning. My family and his family have been friends for 40 plus years. Ted, was a great guy. His real name was Mike mundy, but he got called ted after the murderer ted bundy. He and I always kissed each other on the lips when we saw each other. Our wives found it funny. I'll miss ted. He was a great man. Given 3 months to live, lasted 21 days.
I hate cancer.!!!

Russ

Sorry to hear about that, rascal. I hope everyone involved have people to lean on. Keep those good memories close.

It was 78F yesterday, then a cold front came through (with lots of much-needed rain), and today's high is expected to be about 60F.

First Christmas lights in the neighborhood are up. Nothing big, but the neighbor wrapped their outside lamppost in lights and have had those on the last couple of nights. They don't do anything for Halloween (religious reasons), so he's usually the first one with his Christmas lights up. I suspect he'll have the remainder up by the end of the month.

I had to work in the office yesterday, so I missed my daily scary movie, though I did watch an episode of "Black Mirror," so maybe that counts. Four episodes of that left, and I still don't get why people are so nutty about it.

On my way home today I walked past a 2 car smash, a Volvo drove into the back of a Vauxhall, the Volvo came off worse.... Thankfully no one was hurt but because it happened on a busy main road, the traffic was held up so the traffic jam was dreadful in all directions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom