The General Chat Thread (2016-2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have air con. Thanks god

Russ

Here in Texas, I'd guess 95-percent or more homes/businesses have air conditioning. It is pretty much a necessity here. The biggest problem with living without air A/C here is that it doesn't cool off enough at night. Opening windows at night doesn't help when it is 90F (about 32C) at midnight.

CD

Here in Texas, I'd guess 95-percent or more homes/businesses have air conditioning. It is pretty much a necessity here. The biggest problem with living without air A/C here is that it doesn't cool off enough at night. Opening windows at night doesn't help when it is 90F (about 32C) at midnight.

CD

We leave air con on at night if it's hot. We have a quite good climate here in central South Island. The top of the island we stayed last 4 or 5 years on holidays was hot at night, no air con, kids still awake at midnight with 35 deg c heat.

Russ

I bought Christmas cards this evening. Originally wanted to but from W H Smith but their cards were ugly so we ended up buying from M&S which were much nicer.

We stopped buying cards years ago, I don't know why we stopped.? Growing up my mum used to have cards on a string from the ceiling. She always got 50 or so cards every year.

Russ

I bought Christmas cards this evening. Originally wanted to but from W H Smith but their cards were ugly so we ended up buying from M&S which were much nicer.
We have three levels of cards to send:

1. Cheapest, bought in bulk from the discount store.

2. Mid-level, bought at regular dept store.

3. Top cards, bought in foreign countries while traveling.

It's a blast to watch my wife determine who gets which card. :laugh:

We stopped buying cards years ago, I don't know why we stopped.? Growing up my mum used to have cards on a string from the ceiling. She always got 50 or so cards every year.

Russ

We have cut down on how many we send because it was getting out of hand, just need to get stamps now.
When we were kids there used to be about 4 long string lines of cards, but then there were 5 of us in the house, now there is just 2 and we don't do that any more, they are stood on the fireplace and on the orchid shelf.

We have three levels of cards to send:

1. Cheapest, bought in bulk from the discount store.

2. Mid-level, bought at regular dept store.

3. Top cards, bought in foreign countries while traveling.

It's a blast to watch my wife determine who gets which card. :laugh:

The cards are 20 per box , 3 boxes for the price of 2, we bough 3 different lots so 6 different pictures to choose from, we pretty much know who is getting what. Nothing will be done with them until about the second week in December, don't like to start too early.

We bought a mango today. It had a sticker on it saying, "Please wash before use."

What, me or the mango? And why would you wash a mango? Does anyone eat the skin?
You're "supposed" to wash anything you're going to cut into, because if the outside is tainted, you'll taint the inside as soon as the knife passes through.

That's what you're "supposed" to do, anyway. :wink:

We have cut down on how many we send because it was getting out of hand, just need to get stamps now.
When we were kids there used to be about 4 long string lines of cards, but then there were 5 of us in the house, now there is just 2 and we don't do that any more, they are stood on the fireplace and on the orchid shelf.

Last ones I remember wife buying were from a fundraiser, artists were painting with their feet. They were expensive.

Russ

When I was married, we sent Christmas cards. I designed them, had one of my print vendors print, cut and score them, and my wife would compose a little "what we did this year" letter to put inside.

Now, I don't bother. I call my closest friends on Christmas day, and email a few others. That works for me.

CD

Hey TastyRueben, I get the impression you live somewhere near Cincinnati. If so, I just saw something that reminded me of the "Touchdow Jesus" fire. Did they rebuild that thing.

For those unfamiliar... (Turn the volume up to hear the actual 911 call)

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=isI2JWZ-ONY

CD
I live about 20 minutes from the church that had TJ. Yes, they did rebuild it, but in a different pose. Now, it's sometimes referred to as "Hug Me Jesus," or keeping with the football theme, some people call it "Fourth And This Long Jesus," and a few people with minds where they shouldn't be (and a sense of humor to match) have named it, "It's This Big Jesus." :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom