The General Chat Thread (2016-2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I live about 20 minutes from the church that had TJ. Yes, they did rebuild it, but in a different pose. Now, it's sometimes referred to as "Hug Me Jesus," or keeping with the football theme, some people call it "Fourth And This Long Jesus," and a few people with minds where they shouldn't be (and a sense of humor to match) have named it, "It's This Big Jesus." :wink:

They should call it "Fish Story Jesus." It looks like he's describing the fish that got away. :laugh:

I notice the new one doesn't look like a big butter sculpture, either.

CD

One of the guys here is leaving today se he bought in boxes of mince pies, not knowing that quite a few of us don't like them, generous of him though.

When I was married, we sent Christmas cards. I designed them, had one of my print vendors print, cut and score them, and my wife would compose a little "what we did this year" letter to put inside.

Now, I don't bother. I call my closest friends on Christmas day, and email a few others. That works for me.

CD

My great Aunty who recently passed used to do the note thing about her year with the card as well.
She was a bit of a toff ,lol. The note usually started with, merry Xmas one and all, the farm is looking a million dollars at the moment, well precisely 10.2 million, our sons have .............. And on.
I always got a kick from her cards. :)

Russ

Tina Turner (Anna Mae Bullock) turns 80 years old today.

Tina Turner (Anna Mae Bullock) turns 80 years old today.

View attachment 35117

I wish I could say, Happy Birthday, but I have a grudge with her.

I used to be the official photographer for Reunion Arena in Dallas. I would shoot the first three songs of every concert. Most acts were cool. Some even played to my camera (three KISS members sang and played right into my lens for me). Some would avoid the camera, like I was paparazzi. Tina Turner was the WORST. One of her security roid-boys told me where to stand, and watched me. She knew where I was and stayed away from me, and NEVER looked in my direction. Halfway through the first song, I gave her the single finger salute, and walked away.

What a prima donna.

CD

I wish I could say, Happy Birthday, but I have a grudge with her.

I used to be the official photographer for Reunion Arena in Dallas. I would shoot the first three songs of every concert. Most acts were cool. Some even played to my camera (three KISS members sang and played right into my lens for me). Some would avoid the camera, like I was paparazzi. Tina Turner was the WORST. One of her security roid-boys told me where to stand, and watched me. She knew where I was and stayed away from me, and NEVER looked in my direction. Halfway through the first song, I gave her the single finger salute, and walked away.

What a prima donna.

CD
Brilliant !

Russ

I likes her earlier stuff but wouldn't class myself as a fan-my dad on the other hand had a 'thing' for her.

Two of my favourites

Not the best version from "Tommy" but not bad for a seventy year old (and I should know).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom