The General Chat Thread (2016-2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm stopping my voluntary work in a kitchen. As many of you know I'm a professionally trained chef, but I also have a few serious disabilities. And recently I've been diagnosed with a fourth auto-immune condition, namely Astma. And that's making it really hard for me to work in a kitchen, I just can't deal with the loads of steam and heat because my breathing becomes too laboured.

So unfortunately I can't work anymore, but I am lucky to have a very supportive husband who'll help me find a way to set up some kind of business at home. From now on my life will be centered much around the home, it already was but now my voluntary work at the soup kitchen restaurant stops too.

I am ok with it, it was getting too hard for me so I am just glad I have a great husband who helps me through this.

Whatever will be your new working-life from now, it will be supported by your husband who, as you say, it’s a lovely husband and this will help you a lot. Take your time to rebuild your goals, life sometimes can surprise us.... but I’m sure is mostly related to our personal skills that we didn’t know yet.
My fingers are crossed for you 🤞🏻

Yeah I was thinking about something along those lines for a small catering business.
With the internet should be much easier to get sales.
My mom and dad figured out simple but clever home made shipping containers that were essential to protect the tin and shortbread.

Mom also used her shortbread recipe for a cobbler topping and pie crust made with king David apples and a home made delicious Carmel filling.
Good food sells.

10am and 30°C. Air quality from smoke is still too bad for me to venture outside. Glad I have no cooking to get done today but I am waiting for the air quality to improve so I can hang the washing out. It doesn't need long at this time of year. ½hr to an hr is all it requires to be crisp and dry! We joke that some items are actually dry before we have finished hanging all of the washing out.

10am and 30°C. Air quality from smoke is still too bad for me to venture outside. Glad I have no cooking to get done today but I am waiting for the air quality to improve so I can hang the washing out. It doesn't need long at this time of year. ½hr to an hr is all it requires to be crisp and dry! We joke that some items are actually dry before we have finished hanging all of the washing out.

Wife's had washing out for three days, still wet. I See blue sky now!

Russ

Wife's had washing out for three days, still wet. I See blue sky now!

Russ
This was just after midday. We're due one of the cooler days today at a forecast 39°C.

It still had plenty of time to get there and exceed that. Washing was dry in 30mins. I've got another load on and will probably get a 3rd washed and dry quite easily today. (The smoke issues mean I have a big backlog right now and I can also start to get things washed that don't normally get washed like the bed electric blanket (also a mattress protector and anti allergy cover), the covers from the dining room chairs and the sofa and other chairs... The dust from the recent dust storms had turned things a very odd colour. I'll wash the living room carpet tomorrow as well if the air is clear in the morning. It has a lot of wood ash in it and would benefit from the carpet cleaner going over it a couple of times, though that might be Friday afternoon... I'm out tomorrow morning, medical apt, and again Friday morning picking up some fertile pure breed eggs for another of my chooks that's gone broody on me...

Weather doesn't know its base from its apex: it says it's going to rain, but it doesn't, it says it's going to be dry, but it's raining.

If it doesn't sort itself out, I'm going to shove a ... up its ... ......... :ninja::angelic:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom