The General Chat Thread (2016-2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The US doesn't mess around with all that preliminary BS - we went straight to the uncontrolled panic phase.

Now excuse me while I go wrap myself in toilet paper and speak to my wife only through text messages!😲
Toilet paper?? You have enough to wrap yourself in??? Can you spare an internet chum a roll or two?? Perhaps some wipes? 🤪🤓😛

It's 57F/14C, I've got the windows open for maybe the first time this year, little breeze blowing through, the house is clean, I'm clean (two showers and a bath today - I've used more than my fair share of water), and I'm sipping on a glass of iced mint tea, lightly sweetened, just waiting to head out to the airport in about 30 minutes to pick up MrsTasty.

I don't know why I don't make iced mint tea more often, it's really good. The ice seems to sharpen that minty bite.

It was about 83F today. I decided to test run the AC systems. The downstairs system is great, but it if pretty new. The upstairs system is 19 years old, and a builder's special. It finally died.

I don't have a spare five grand laying around for that, and enough for the new refrigerator that I need more, so I'll be moving my basic office stuff to the kitchen table for a while, so I can live and work on one floor.

CD

I'll be moving my basic office stuff to the kitchen table for a while, so I can live and work on one floor.

I spent a large chunk of last summer sleeping in the cellar. I simply can't deal with heat - even UK heat. I'd never move anywhere where temperatures regularly exceed 75 F/24 C. It makes me feel quite ill.

Did anyone get the reference to the famous/infamous 1979 song?

CD
I am of exactly the right age to have recognized that the moment you posted it (obviously, since I responded in kind).

When my wife and I were dating, that song (late 1980's) that song was standard radio fare, so it reminds me a lot of when we were young, dumb, and in love, as the saying (sort of) goes.

I spent a large chunk of last summer sleeping in the cellar. I simply can't deal with heat - even UK heat. I'd never move anywhere where temperatures regularly exceed 75 F/24 C. It makes me feel quite ill.
That's how I am. Most of the summer, my whole body just feels...off. I mentioned it to my doctor one year and made a joke about how I have reverse SAD, because so many people complain of feeling bad and depressed in Winter, because of the lack of sunshine, and he told me that, no SAD isn't just for folks who don't like Winter, that there are people like me who just feel like crap in the heat and/or sunshine.

I am total opposite, I hate cold! Even after all these years in the UK I get very low and depressed. I spend winter in big sweaters, really thick tights and socks! I have even sat witching TV in gloves and that is with central heating on! Ray laughs at me but I can not help it. I freeze.
Sarana x

I am total opposite, I hate cold! Even after all these years in the UK I get very low and depressed. I spend winter in big sweaters, really thick tights and socks! I have even sat witching TV in gloves and that is with central heating on! Ray laughs at me but I can not help it. I freeze.
Sarana x

I know how you feel. These are my clothes when the temperature drops below 18°C.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom