The General Chat Thread (2016-2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
3 weeks into autumn/fall here and still,feels like summer. Yesterday was 27 deg c and today is 24 deg.
Talking of films I watched a fish called wanda last week? If you havnt seen it, you need to. Very very funny film.

Russ

FCBE7ACC-ED9C-4D15-84F1-833675FFEEFE.jpeg

I’m happy it snowed. Why? Well, it’s something else to talk about for a change.

Overcast and rainy all week. In a game of weather poker, I see your :dance: and raise you a :woot:(I like the rain).

We set a new record for continuous days with measurable rain -- eleven. That's a lot for D/FW.

Good news is, we are forecasted highs of 70sF and 80sF all of this week. and no rain. :woot:

CD

2 TB Flashdrive for under US$10.00?

If it sounds too good to be true, it probably isn't true.

Although the packing looks authentic and the quality of the build is sturdy, this flashdrive advertised as being 2 TB (2,000 GB) is not. You may be lucky to pack 32 GB of data on there even though your computer tells you that there is far more room.

Don't be taken in, as I was.

It's 36F/2C with a high of 51F/11C forecasted, and overcast all day. Could be worse.

A little tired. I'm on call this week (woe is me) and I have to leave my phone on overnight for that. My sister texted me at 1:30AM with a late response to a question I'd asked her hours before. God knows why she was up that late, probably fretting over everything that's going on. She's a world-class worrier.

Then I got paged at 4:30AM, but nothing too serious and I got back in bed at around 5AM...and the dog came in about 5:20AM to go out for her first pee of the day. I've been up since. 🥱

Grrrrrr! My insurance company, Blue Cross/Blue Shield of Texas, is declined to pay for my hospital bill from last week. :mad:

I called my dad to vent, and his reply was, "That's what happens when you get government involved." WTF? BCBS of Texas is a for profit corporation, but my parent's just can't pass on an opportunity to blame "big government" in general, and Obamacare specifically. Meanwhile, I have to go fight the insurance company to get them to do what I am paying them to do. My monthly premiums are more than my house payments.

Grrrrrr!

CD

What was their reason for declining?

One of their in-house "doctors," sitting in some office in Austin, decided that my own doctors shouldn't have sent me to the hospital.

Bear in mind that this is the USA, where healthcare is a "for-profit" business. BCBS of Texas netted $4.1-BILLION dollars in profits in 2018.

CD

One of their in-house "doctors," sitting in some office in Austin, decided that my own doctors shouldn't have sent me to the hospital.
We had a similar situation with BCBS Ohio. MrsTasty was having a problem, and we called the BCBS nurse practitioner, who referred us to the emergency room.

Once we got to the ER and the doc there figured out what was going on, BCBS declined to pay for the visit, which was $3800. Their rationale was the same, that she shouldn't have been referred to the ER, because it turned out not to be an emergency.

Well, first, sometimes you don't know until you go and second, YOUR DAMM NURSE WAS THE ONE WHO REFERRED US! 🙄

They ended up paying the majority of it. We still had to cover $700.

When MrsTasty has her heart attack, the doctor recommended inserting a long-term loop recorder and needed a decision right then to do it (that's another story concerning that quack). She added that the device, procedure, and monitoring were hellaciously expensive and gave me about 20 minutes to call my insurance to make sure it was covered.

What'd insurance do? Sent a hundreds-of-pages-long PDF to my phone, told me to look it up in there, but really, they'd make a determination once the hospital submitted the charge, so maybe it would be, maybe it wouldn't. Thankfully, it was, but that's no way to do business - "get the procedure done and we'll see."

The worst part...I've had Medical Mutual, Humana, Anthem, and a host of other coverage over the years and BCBS Ohio is by far the best. That's just sad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom