The General Chat Thread (2016-2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
What are they?
Exploitation films are, and I'm being very general, usually low-budget, independent films, that tend to feature sensational or salacious subject matter:

Exploitation film - Wikipedia

Grindhouse films, if you're familiar with that term, can fall under that umbrella, as can Italian giallo films - depending on who's categorizing them (I've expressed my fondness of those before), cheap horror movies...there's a whole host of subgenres (nunsploitation, blaxploitation, women-in-prison, cannibalism (don't worry, I have no interest in those!), vansploitations, nazisploitation, drugsploitation, and on and on. I generally like the ones that are more gothic/horror/sci-fi related.

No-name actors, low production values, weird/ridiculous plots...they're great! Blood Mania is one of my favorites:

Blood Mania - Wikipedia

Oh, we've decided on Blade Runner: The Final Cut for tonight. It's middle ground, something we both can live with.

What are they?

I knew this question was coming. They are low-budget movies made purely to make some easy money. There were different categories, like Sexpoitation and Blaxploitation, etc.

Really cheesy. Badly acted. Badly filmed. But, sometime good for a laugh.

CD

Exploitation films are, and I'm being very general, usually low-budget, independent films, that tend to feature sensational or salacious subject matter:

Exploitation film - Wikipedia

Grindhouse films, if you're familiar with that term, can fall under that umbrella, as can Italian giallo films - depending on who's categorizing them (I've expressed my fondness of those before), cheap horror movies...there's a whole host of subgenres (nunsploitation, blaxploitation, women-in-prison, cannibalism (don't worry, I have no interest in those!), vansploitations, nazisploitation, drugsploitation, and on and on. I generally like the ones that are more gothic/horror/sci-fi related.

No-name actors, low production values, weird/ridiculous plots...they're great! Blood Mania is one of my favorites:

Blood Mania - Wikipedia

Oh, we've decided on Blade Runner: The Final Cut for tonight. It's middle ground, something we both can live with.

How about "Flesh Gordon?" :eek::D

CD

I've lived in some cold-weather places (Minnesota, upstate New York), so 32F is positively Spring-like! 🌞

When I come here I hate it, cold always rain. After 40 year I come to love UK I like people and country side. Now I happy I come!
Sarana x
We lived in the UK for a few years, weather was one of my favorite things.

You just have to get used to mowing your grass in the rain. :)

It should be cosistently in the 70s(F) right now where I live. But instead, it has been in the 50s and 60s most days. It is 57 and overcast right now. I don't like this weather.

CD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom