The General Chat Thread (2016-2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, accuracy has nothing to do with it. You're obviously not ugly (unless that avatar pic is of your sister :eek:), so it's fair. :)

Not that I'm stoking a rivalry or anything... :whistling:
Well thank you! :happy: This is just silly sibling rivalry anyway. My dad is a jokster and I’m a bit of one myself too. Me and my siblings are always teasing each other.

My mother, who never wanted to be a grandmother, turned 50 this year and announced she is ready to become a grandmother. I clearly remember being a teenager and my mom saying my children will need to call her aunt she didn't want anyone calling her grandma, hormones must be pulling some kind of trick on her. Anyway my sister is turning 17 this year, my brother never dated and by the look of things I'm not having children anytime soon, better channel that love into a new house pet :D

My mother, who never wanted to be a grandmother, turned 50 this year and announced she is ready to become a grandmother. I clearly remember being a teenager and my mom saying my children will need to call her aunt she didn't want anyone calling her grandma, hormones must be pulling some kind of trick on her. Anyway my sister is turning 17 this year, my brother never dated and by the look of things I'm not having children anytime soon, better channel that love into a new house pet :D
Tell with today's medical advances, she can pop one out herself and pass it off as her grandkid! :laugh:

Tell with today's medical advances, she can pop one out herself and pass it off as her grandkid! :laugh:

At 50 its entirely possible (though quite rare) to conceive without intervention from medical science. It depends on the timing of the menopause which can differ between women. Funny really - men can go on producing indefinitely yet women are born with a certain number of eggs.

At 50 its entirely possible (though quite rare) to conceive without intervention from medical science. It depends on the timing of the menopause which can differ between women. Funny really - men can go on producing indefinitely yet women are born with a certain number of eggs.

I have a friend who had a vasectomy, his marriage ended. Then he met a younger girl and remarried. She wanted kids so he had it reversed. He showed me a pic of the bruising, unbelievable, I won't be getting mine reversed,lol. Btw he had a wee girl about a year later.

Russ

I have a friend who had a vasectomy,
Russ mate. After my divorce about 36 yrs ago I had a vasectomy ( I did not want to be trapped again ) my right testicle swelled up to.... well imagine the size shape and color of a 40 over kookaburra
1601884545804.png

I just made a decision on my future employment. I'm going to start a holistic food coaching practice focussing on size inclusive nutrition, eating disorder support and herbal alternative medicine (of course not promoted as regular medicine, but as a helpful tool when combined with regular medicine).
I'm going to start learning to become a nutritionist next year, and have already started a training in herbal medicine.
This is a way to combine all my interests and experiences into a job that I can do from the home, without limitations from my physial disabilities. I'm pretty stoked 😃

Well, we got a couple days of Autumn weather, but it is not going to last. It's been in the 50s (F) at night, and 70s by day. It is still supposed to be around 60F at night this week, but tomorrow is supposed to be 86F, and 88F on Wednesday. 80s carry on through the week.

Meanwhile, another tropical storm is heading for the Gulf coast, and it is expected to get stronger. Tropical storm Gamma.

CD

When I lost one of my testicles to cancer, while they were doing the surgery, I had them do the snip snip on the other. One-stop shopping.

CD

I had mine done about 35 years ago, mainly because wife was having problems and it was easier for me to get "done"

Russ

I had mine done about 35 years ago, mainly because wife was having problems and it was easier for me to get "done"

Russ

I'd say it is definitely easier for a man to get a vasectomy. I didn't experience any significant pain, just a little soreness. Besides, I was distracted by the orchiectomy, which is what the call the testicular cancer surgery. In order to get all the connective tissue, they go in through your abdomen. The make a three-inch incision, that goes through muscle. Getting in and out of bed for about two weeks was torture. I couldn't lift anything over ten pounds for about six months (or push cars, something I do a lot for my job).

CD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom