The General Chat Thread (2016-2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hugs for you 🙏 hope he gets well soon. Does the doctor know why he responds to the meds like this?

Not really. He's had anesthesia and strong pain meds before when he's had kidney stones and has never been affected like this. Two of his docs have been in and they are going to do some blood work now and schedule a CAT scan for later today if he doesn't start showing some improvement.

Not really. He's had anesthesia and strong pain meds before when he's had kidney stones and has never been affected like this. Two of his docs have been in and they are going to do some blood work now and schedule a CAT scan for later today if he doesn't start showing some improvement.
Apparently, it's very common. I was just reading that fully a third of ICU patients experience some degree of it.

He just ripped off/out everything again. They tried to do CT scan, but he wouldn't cooperate. The doc will have to write to sedate him and try again tomorrow if needed.
He's really having a tough time of it! I hope they can get that under control soon.

Hopefully, you're doing as well as can be expected. Take care of yourself, too.

This just in from Texas...

(CNN) A campaign bus for Joe Biden traveling Friday from San Antonio to Austin, Texas, was surrounded by multiple vehicles with Trump signs that attempted to slow down the bus and run it off the road, a Biden campaign official tells CNN.
According to a source familiar with the incident, the vehicles were a "Trump Train group." These groups are known in parts of the state and organize events that involve their cars with flags and Trump paraphernalia and drive around to show support for the President. The group began yelling profanities and obscenities and then blockaded the entire Biden entourage.
At one point they slowed the tour bus to roughly 20 mph on Interstate 35, the campaign official said. The vehicles slowed down to try to stop the bus in the middle of the highway. The source said there were nearly 100 vehicles around the campaign bus. Biden staffers were rattled by the event, the source said, though no one was hurt.
Neither Biden nor his running mate, California Sen. Kamala Harris, were on the bus.
Staffers on the bus called 911, which eventually led to local law enforcement assisting the bus to its destination. The Biden campaign, out of what was described as an abundance of caution, ended up canceling an event scheduled for later that day in Austin, the aide said.
Texas State Rep. Rafael Anchía told CNN's Ed Lavandera that Wendy Davis was on the bus. Davis is a former state senator who is challenging Rep. Chip Roy for the Texas Hill Country area congressional seat.

CD

Update...

(CNN) Police in Richmond, Virginia, responded to multiple incidents Sunday afternoon during a "Trump Train" mobile vehicle rally, according to a press release from the police department.

The rally originated in Henrico County before driving to the Lee Circle in Richmond, the release said.

Police were called after receiving a report of a person being pepper sprayed and gunfire striking a car, according to the release.

"Some of the vehicles left the roadway and crossed grassy medians near the area," the release said.

CD

Good morning all :wave:
Morning, just said goodnight to my folks back in the UK. They are regretting returning now. :rolleyes:
they had booked flights out of the country, back to their second home in Tenerife (an island off the coast of Spain in the Atlantic for those who don't know, and I know this sounds odd from a British point of view, but I often get perplexed looks from people in Australia who don't actually know of it or the Canary Islands!) But obviously that is now out because they were due to fly in less than 2 weeks time.
They are also concerned about being stranded out there and needless to say were not able to get travel insurance either (both in 70's one getting close to 80). At least they only lost £89 for the 2 single flights and 1 suitcase).

Morning, just said goodnight to my folks back in the UK. They are regretting returning now. :rolleyes:
they had booked flights out of the country, back to their second home in Tenerife (an island off the coast of Spain in the Atlantic for those who don't know, and I know this sounds odd from a British point of view, but I often get perplexed looks from people in Australia who don't actually know of it or the Canary Islands!) But obviously that is now out because they were due to fly in less than 2 weeks time.
They are also concerned about being stranded out there and needless to say were not able to get travel insurance either (both in 70's one getting close to 80). At least they only lost £89 for the 2 single flights and 1 suitcase).

Tenerife is famous/infamous for the worst airline disaster in history.

CD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom