The General Chat Thread (2016-2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Correct, KLM bumped into PanAm. It's one of the Mayday episodes.

A lot of Brits and Germans have second homes in the south of Portugal and Spain and in the Spanish islands.
I flew in and out of the old airport a few times. It was on the side of a mountain. Departure times meant nothing if the cloud came down. Everyone who had checked in was rushed out and onto the plane.

They do, but I wouldn't be able to use 1 due to how bad my knees are. Bending either knee like that and having weight on it would cause excruciating pain. Something similar might eventually help Craig though since the breaks start 3 inches or so above his ankle joint.

Thanks guys. They think it was a combo of residual anesthesia effects plus he was getting a pretty heavy dose of pain meds, and just being in a place he doesn't recognize, so cut amount of pain meds last night and doc added sedatives to his regimen so they won't have to wait to get permission if he flips out again.

I don't usually visit this thread because I don't see it at the top. I am so sorry you are going through so much and Craig is struggling. I've experienced something similar when I was put on morphine after surgery. I didn't know that I was allergic to it until then and it took awhile for it to clear my body because I was getting via IV.

I am sending you both positive thoughts and healing energy. Please take care of yourself even if it's to carve out half an hour just to unwind.

I just got my Croatian EU driving licence, I was not bothered that I had to surrender my UK licence. I have a Croatian "ID" card so I can travel within the EU without problem. I have kept my red passport in case I have to return to the UK. I doubt that will happen.

I just got my Croatian EU driving licence, I was not bothered that I had to surrender my UK licence. I have a Croatian "ID" card so I can travel within the EU without problem. I have kept my red passport in case I have to return to the UK. I doubt that will happen.

I have had a Thai driving licence now for about 18 years. I did not need to surrender my UK licence (which has now expired - when I was 70). I do not have a Thai ID but I could obtain one (about £1.20) but generally my driving licence will suffice (and, if not, my passport).

I have had a Thai driving licence now for about 18 years. I did not need to surrender my UK licence (which has now expired - when I was 70). I do not have a Thai ID but I could obtain one (about £1.20) but generally my driving licence will suffice (and, if not, my passport).
Mine was due to expire in Jan when I am 70. I would only qualify for two years in the UK the Croats gave me ten. ID cards are compulsory here. A cop can demand production which I think is a good idea. If a cop in the UK asks for proof of identity and you refuse he has to waste time arresting you.

A very wet (36mm of rain in 24hrs on top of all the rain we have had recently) and a cold day (8°C was the maximum it reached all day) all-round here today.
I've had to rehome my chicks into the bantam enclosure/chook house and release both broody chooks from the sin bin because they flooded out yet again. This time however here was no dry grind and no dry sawdust anywhere. The rain will take days to drain, just in time for more due on Wednesday. It's feeling like the UK right now!

One bright side is that I know the water tanks are full, so I can shower everyday and not worry about water. The downside is that I know no mastery how much it does rain, I'll only ever have that 22,000 liters! (The size of the tank). Even the dams are overflowing again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom