The General Chat Thread (2016-2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last night, I was running around, as usual, trying to do six things at once while MrsT was playing on her phone. That always frustrates me, because how can one person not notice the other person running a marathon around the house, picking up dishing, putting away groceries, tending the laundry while they're doing nothing? :mad:

Anyway, in those instances, I usually passively-aggressively drop her a hint the size of a piano to get off her backside and help out. Last night, she told me she was holding a TV show until I could sit down and watch it, and I said, "Well, I've got to get the dog fed and then out with her, and then I've got to do the dishes, so the sooner all that's done, the sooner I can sit down."

I finished feeding the dog, during which time, MrsT got up and went in the kitchen, and I heard banging noises, so I went out with the dog, thinking, "Right, that did the trick." 😏

Came back in, she was sat back down, and she said, "I straightened up the kitchen for you, I figured I'd help you out so we can relax more."

YES!!! :woot:

Went in the kitchen...all she did was collect the dirty pans and plates and things and stack/consolidate them in slightly neater piles a bit closer to the sink.

🤦🏻‍♂️
Tasters mate, I am Mrs Tasters metaphorically. I just finished cooking the yogurt chicken which "she who must be obeyed" prepped. After I had finished and put it in the slow cooker . She came in from her coffee and ciggy time on the balcony and issued the magical command. Leave it all alone and go and play with the computer. :angelic: She just came in to the room with the computer and said she will prep everything for my treat this weekend of Poached pear frangipane tart. This is what Mrs B wants it to look like, if I fail to produce.........
1607152013510.png

I just got this
letter from the British Embassy Zagreb. I am up to date. What pleased me as a pensioner is my S1 status remains the same (all my medical expenses and those of my dependent, my non pensioner wife) will still be sent directly to the Uk for payment.Next week my £200 cold weather allowance should hit our account along with my £10 Christmas present. I queried the cold weather allowance as we rarely get frost or snow here (snow fell five years ago for a few hours). The very nice lady said you are entitled to it so what is your problem. I said thank you and that I would use it to pay for the air conditioning in the summer. She laughed. NB electricity is cheap here so our average monthly bill is only £20. I did not tell her that.

We had thunder and lightning here last night. Apparently what we got on Thursday night/Friday morning was thundersnow. No, I'd never heard of it, either. It was worst over Edinburgh, where some people were woken up by such loud bangs at around five in the morning that they thought there were bombs going off.

We had thunder and lightning here last night. Apparently what we got on Thursday night/Friday morning was thundersnow. No, I'd never heard of it, either. It was worst over Edinburgh, where some people were woken up by such loud bangs at around five in the morning that they thought there were bombs going off.
We had amazing thunder and lightening plus heavy rain for two day up to yesterday. Never saw thunder snow in the UK but saw it on the news in the US. Perhaps our resident meteorologist epicuric will explain the phenomenon

According to the Met Office, thundersnow is nothing more than snow that falls in a thunderstorm. Hmm, maybe, just maybe, could have guessed that. They go on to say that's it is pretty unusual for the UK. One unusual aspect, they tell us, is that the sound of thunder is very localised, so that unlike "normal" thunder, you only hear it in a two or three mile radius rather than a long way away.

One of our local breweries makes a winter beer called Thundersnow. Very popular.

Thundersnow | MadTree Brewing

Tasters mate, I am Mrs Tasters metaphorically. I just finished cooking the yogurt chicken which "she who must be obeyed" prepped. After I had finished and put it in the slow cooker . She came in from her coffee and ciggy time on the balcony and issued the magical command. Leave it all alone and go and play with the computer. :angelic: She just came in to the room with the computer and said she will prep everything for my treat this weekend of Poached pear frangipane tart. This is what Mrs B wants it to look like, if I fail to produce.........View attachment 51959
Mine is the second pic.
1607178226927.png
1607178250124.png

Excellent. 9 out of 10. A touch more browning on the pears needed and pastry a bit thick. Also the slices of tart will need to be large as you only have 4 'spokes' of pears.
Morning Morning, the pears I agree. The pastry is a very short french biscuit pate so I lip the top to stop slippage as you can see from the cut shot the wall and bottom are thinner. If we had friends over I would trim. The cut is simple as it's for 6 portions.
1607237263526.png
1607237345865.png

I think I'm officially done Christmas shopping. I just placed my last order with Amazon. I think this is the first time I've done all my shopping online.

Last order, I bought something for me :)dance:), something for my wife, and something for my girlfriend. :laugh:

Just kidding, the last one is for my stylist. I got her a moderately-priced bottle of bubbly and a little champagne cocktail kit, which contains a little syrup and a little tiny jigger and a little cocktail spoon. It's really cute. I got one (a more elaborate one) for MrsT last year and she really liked it.

MrsT likes The Mandalorian TV show, so I got her one of those old Trouble games from when we were kids (the one with the plastic dome in the middle that you press that to roll the die), but this one is Mandalorian-themed ("Save The Child!"). She'll like that. She's big on nostalgia.

I've still got to buy stocking stuffers.

Last edited:
I'm on a week's vacation starting tomorrow. I'm a little mad at myself because this week was my on-call week, so I'm technically available until 9AM tomorrow, meaning that due to poor planning on my part, I've effectively lost one weekend that would normally have been considered part of my week off. 😠

A police officer woke me up around 4A. He said that some guy in the building said that I am his mother. I guess he was involved in some kind of fight with his girlfriend. The LEO asked me about six times if I was this guy's mother. I should have mentioned that childbirth is very memorable so I was certain of my answer "No, I'm not related to whoever said that." The only thing that bothers me is he said the person told him my last name (a VERY common name in the States) and apartment number. I basically told the LEO that I can guarantee that my only son was not involved and I have no idea who/what he was talking about.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom