The General Chat Thread (2016-2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
A police officer woke me up around 4A. He said that some guy in the building said that I am his mother. I guess he was involved in some kind of fight with his girlfriend. The LEO asked me about six times if I was this guy's mother. I should have mentioned that childbirth is very memorable so I was certain of my answer "No, I'm not related to whoever said that." The only thing that bothers me is he said the person told him my last name (a VERY common name in the States) and apartment number. I basically told the LEO that I can guarantee that my only son was not involved and I have no idea who/what he was talking about.
That's weird, maybe drugs involved? Years ago, MrsT was attacked by a stranger in her work parking lot, who was messed up on PCP, and he thought she was his estranged girlfriend.

MrsT being the girly-girl she is, beat the living sh!t out of him, bruising his sternum and fracturing a couple of ribs in the process. :laugh:

Hopefully, he doesn't give you any trouble. Just keep the doors locked when you're home and when you're out in the common areas, keep your eyes open.

By my estimate, we're about six hours apart. If you were a wee bit closer, we'd come check up on you every so often. :)

That's weird, maybe drugs involved? Years ago, MrsT was attacked by a stranger in her work parking lot, who was messed up on PCP, and he thought she was his estranged girlfriend.

MrsT being the girly-girl she is, beat the living sh!t out of him, bruising his sternum and fracturing a couple of ribs in the process. :laugh:

Hopefully, he doesn't give you any trouble. Just keep the doors locked when you're home and when you're out in the common areas, keep your eyes open.

By my estimate, we're about six hours apart. If you were a wee bit closer, we'd come check up on you every so often. :)

I don't know because I refused to engage with it beyond answering the cop's questions.

I'm glad MrsT gave that guy a strong message. Sounds like a tough and smart woman.

I NEVER go to the common areas unless it's afterhours. My neighbors are too gossipy and petty so I stay clear when I can. I have to admit that I was socially distancing before it became "a thing". Ha Ha.

You are so kind. I have emergency pull cords and a Life Alert button. Both will contact the police for me if I can't get to my phone.

Today, after two years of sharing the bedroom with our computers my husband finally has been able to complete his workspace in the attic. As two introverts, that is a great thing to behold.
We love being together so much that during all this time even him working in our bedroom did not cause arguments between us, but I have to say having all this space to myself does feel good and makes my creativity flow again because I am not distracted.

...and I'm completely done shopping, including stocking stuffers. Everything is wrapped, too, and in the sock/under the tree, except for the gift that's on its way, which just shipped a few minutes ago.

:woot:

Having oral herpes for the first time in my 29 years of life. No idea how I got this during these times where we don't go out to eat or drink. My hypothesis is I got it years ago and it's been lying dormant. I noticed it very early and already started medication so it's not too painful, I just hope I won't have this frequently like some people do.

Having oral herpes for the first time in my 29 years of life. No idea how I got this during these times where we don't go out to eat or drink. My hypothesis is I got it years ago and it's been lying dormant. I noticed it very early and already started medication so it's not too painful, I just hope I won't have this frequently like some people do.
I have oral herpes too and have been frequently very ill the past few years, and yet rarely have it play up so I hope you're the same. It sucks, sorry to hear this. Hugs.

I have oral herpes too and have been frequently very ill the past few years, and yet rarely have it play up so I hope you're the same. It sucks, sorry to hear this. Hugs.
Thank you for your kind words. My grandmother had oral herpes for ages that got worse during times of stress, it stopped when she reached menopause. My sore is still small and only tingling and since I started medication early it may not even get much worse; I am really that you go through this regularly, I can only imagine how that could be like :(.What upsets me is that with all the government restrictions we had finally found a time where we could have a romantic night in, but now that is ruined :laugh:

Thank you for your kind words. My grandmother had oral herpes for ages that got worse during times of stress, it stopped when she reached menopause. My sore is still small and only tingling and since I started medication early it may not even get much worse; I am really that you go through this regularly, I can only imagine how that could be like :(.What upsets me is that with all the government restrictions we had finally found a time where we could have a romantic night in, but now that is ruined :laugh:

I don't think you understood my post correctly dear, I meant to say I rarely go through oral herpes playing up despite being ill frequently which is when it plays up usually. Don't be too embarrassed though, 1 in 2 people have oral herpes statistically.

• Sad or Sorry
Reactions: mjd
I don't think you understood my post correctly dear, I meant to say I rarely go through oral herpes playing up despite being ill frequently which is when it plays up usually. Don't be too embarrassed though, 1 in 2 people have oral herpes statistically.
I am sorry, I did misunderstand you, yes I heard it does tend to show up when the immune system is down or fighting other illnesses, I am sorry you go through that regularly :( I am not too concerned with the herpes per se I'm just bummed that with the curfew on weekends, and week nights, and the curfew on public holidays, a boyfriend that works irregular hours and me with a fulltime job, just when we managed to squeeze a romantic night this had to happen! I bet some jealous ex cast a curse on me :laugh:

• Sad or Sorry
Reactions: mjd
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom