The General Chat Thread (2016-2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it just me, or is there something quite hot about Kamala Harris?

I'd say it is just you. I see her as smart, competent -- but not hot. But, at my age, hot is out of my league. My first wife was not the brightest bulb in the pack, so smart appeals to me.

CD

Is it just me, or is there something quite hot about Kamala Harris?
It's not just you, especially if you go back when she was a prosecutor and then CA AG. Her looks were frequently commented on.

Matter of fact, Obama paid her a professional compliment that included something about how attractive she was (something along the lines of "the best-looking AG there is") that garnered him a bit of criticism for focusing on her looks.

Upstairs neighbor ruined my favorite set of bed sheets with bleach. My sheets werw out drying and she hanged a cloth with bleach on her clothesline and stained my bed sheets. She's not home so I didn't have the chance to talk with her yet but I'm mad.

Upstairs neighbor ruined my favorite set of bed sheets with bleach. My sheets werw out drying and she hanged a cloth with bleach on her clothesline and stained my bed sheets. She's not home so I didn't have the chance to talk with her yet but I'm mad.

She should pay to replace them. But, don't let your anger dictate your words and actions. Politely explain your position, and let her know diplomatically that you expect her to pay to replace your sheets. Be calmingly firm, not angry. Listen to me... I'm old. :D

CD

She should pay to replace them. But, don't let your anger dictate your words and actions. Politely explain your position, and let her know diplomatically that you expect her to pay to replace your sheets. Be calmingly firm, not angry. Listen to me... I'm old. :D

CD
Listen to him. He's old. But wise.

Stupid woman says it wasn't her and she doesn't use bleach. She's the only neighbor above me. In front of my house there's an terrain that's closed and only the municipality staff have access, the other neighbors are too far to access my clothesline, it could have only been her.

All of my bed clothing was secondhand except from the ones that are ruined.When I moved out on my own I didn't have a lot of money so got a lot of stuff that family and friends donated. This was the only set of bed sheets I liked, because I choose them and bought them with my own money. Thankfully I do have money to buy nice bed sheets now but I wasn't planning on doing that. I'm really upset.

All of my bed clothing was secondhand except from the ones that are ruined.When I moved out on my own I didn't have a lot of money so got a lot of stuff that family and friends donated. This was the only set of bed sheets I liked, because I choose them and bought them with my own money. Thankfully I do have money to buy nice bed sheets now but I wasn't planning on doing that. I'm really upset.
Don't get stressed dear girl. It's only linen. Carry on using them, a daily reminder that you can take the sh*t that life delivers, and overcome it.

Don't get stressed dear girl. It's only linen. Carry on using them, a daily reminder that you can take the sh*t that life delivers, and overcome it.
Yup. The sheets in the guest room have a big bleachy blotch on them. I frequently end up in that room before the night is over.

It bothers me for the 3.7 seconds it takes me to pull back the blankets and turn out the lights. :)

Yup. The sheets in the guest room have a big bleachy blotch on them. I frequently end up in that room before the night is over.

It bothers me for the 3.7 seconds it takes me to pull back the blankets and turn out the lights. :)

If you got a 1centimeter bleach spot on an your pants, you would probably burn it and bury it in the backyard. :laugh:

Or, you could put more bleach stains on it, and tear the knees, and sell it to a Gen Z for more than you paid for it.

CD

If you got a 1centimeter bleach spot on an your pants, you would probably burn it and bury it in the backyard. :laugh:
I'd throw them out. My brain would say, "You can't wear these, people will see it, but they're otherwise perfectly good, so give them to the homeless shelter in town, but then that means you're saying homeless people should be ok with wearing something you wouldn't because they're somehow less of a human and they should be happy with your cast-offs, like 'Oh, I'm not wearing that, but it's good enough for a lowly homeless person!,' and then I wouldn't want the homeless people mad at me, so I'll just throw them in the garbage and stick $20 in the homeless shelter donation box the next time I'm in town."

I know, as I've already had that conversation with myself. :laugh:

I'd throw them out. My brain would say, "You can't wear these, people will see it, but they're otherwise perfectly good, so give them to the homeless shelter in town, but then that means you're saying homeless people should be ok with wearing something you wouldn't because they're somehow less of a human and they should be happy with your cast-offs, like 'Oh, I'm not wearing that, but it's good enough for a lowly homeless person!,' and then I wouldn't want the homeless people mad at me, so I'll just throw them in the garbage and stick $20 in the homeless shelter donation box the next time I'm in town."

I know, as I've already had that conversation with myself. :laugh:
Been there.

How bad is it?

Bed sheets can be turned into pillow cases or smaller bed sheets quite easily.

Our quilts came from The White Company many years ago in a time when we had plenty of spare cash. They are UK sizes and Super King sized. (Remember that Europe and tbe rest of the world all have their own sizes even if they use the same names). Everything came with 10 year warranties and so on, so we brought them out here with us. But and this is the problem Australia has a different size called Super King size, as does IKEA (Scandinavian sizes...) .

Whilst my parents were here both of the quilt covers needed repairs. One had had to have all of the area where the buttons are sewn onto replaced (or reinforced from behind so it's an invisible repair) and the other needed the top replaced on husband's side. Like most men he sleeps without PJs and despite covers being frequently washed (every week or two never anything longer) they have eventually rotted in certain places. My mother noticed the repairs and when the problem regarding sizes was explained decided that they would buy us a new cover of our choice for Christmas on the understanding that we bought something else so we got the free delivery offer... totally forgetting that our bed, despite being IKEA is in fact Australian sized, not UK or IKEA Europe size, i got a deep mattress sheet... it doesn't fit. No point in returning it, so I've turned it into pillow cases instead. It is actually cheaper than 2 pillows in the same range and I've been able to make them to the pillow size we have (IKEA Europe size...) i hate having to buy bedding.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom