The General Chat Thread (2016-2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
How bad is it?

Bed sheets can be turned into pillow cases or smaller bed sheets quite easily.

Our quilts came from The White Company many years ago in a time when we had plenty of spare cash. They are UK sizes and Super King sized. (Remember that Europe and tbe rest of the world all have their own sizes even if they use the same names). Everything came with 10 year warranties and so on, so we brought them out here with us. But and this is the problem Australia has a different size called Super King size, as does IKEA (Scandinavian sizes...) .

Whilst my parents were here both of the quilt covers needed repairs. One had had to have all of the area where the buttons are sewn onto replaced (or reinforced from behind so it's an invisible repair) and the other needed the top replaced on husband's side. Like most men he sleeps without PJs and despite covers being frequently washed (every week or two never anything longer) they have eventually rotted in certain places. My mother noticed the repairs and when the problem regarding sizes was explained decided that they would buy us a new cover of our choice for Christmas on the understanding that we bought something else so we got the free delivery offer... totally forgetting that our bed, despite being IKEA is in fact Australian sized, not UK or IKEA Europe size, i got a deep mattress sheet... it doesn't fit. No point in returning it, so I've turned it into pillow cases instead. It is actually cheaper than 2 pillows in the same range and I've been able to make them to the pillow size we have (IKEA Europe size...) i hate having to buy bedding.
It is this bad. Actually only half of each sheet is ruined so I could easily use the half that's not bleached. But while I like these sheets I don't think they're pretty enough to make pillowcases. The matching pillowcases of the set were not out on the clothesline so they are good anf I can use them as spares if needed. I think I'll throw these out and ask for a new set on my birthday but I will be choosing a set I like.
IMG_20210110_155233.jpg

It is this bad. Actually only half of each sheet is ruined so I could easily use the half that's not bleached. But while I like these sheets I don't think they're pretty enough to make pillowcases. The matching pillowcases of the set were not out on the clothesline so they are good anf I can use them as spares if needed. I think I'll throw these out and ask for a new set on my birthday but I will be choosing a set I like. View attachment 54613
Wow. How much bleach does she use?!?!?! I'm so sorry this happened to your favs. Bummer.

It is this bad. Actually only half of each sheet is ruined so I could easily use the half that's not bleached. But while I like these sheets I don't think they're pretty enough to make pillowcases. The matching pillowcases of the set were not out on the clothesline so they are good anf I can use them as spares if needed. I think I'll throw these out and ask for a new set on my birthday but I will be choosing a set I like. View attachment 54613
If you are so inclined, you can donate them to an animal shelter. I used to do that with linens and pillows as they need them for bedding for the animals. That way, you know they got a second chance at providing comfort. ;-)

If you are so inclined, you can donate them to an animal shelter. I used to do that with linens and pillows as they need them for bedding for the animals. That way, you know they got a second chance at providing comfort. ;-)
Thank you, that's a nice idea I haven't thought about 🙂 I was thinking of simply throwing them in the trash but I think I will feel better if I donate them.

You could dye the linen another colour perhaps. But honestly its difficult to understand how this much bleach got onto your linen. It might just be the photo - but in a curious way it almost looks quite trendy. Its as if there is a definite neat division between the bleached part and the rest. I'm sure you don't agree though...

I'm not trying to start an argument here, but why do we rarely rate professional men on the way they look?
That was exactly the criticism that Obama got.

Personally, I think everyone who wants to participate in the he/she/they're "hot" debate should participate. I have no problem if you were to say, "Isn't that Mitt Romney a dreamboat?!" :)

I don't really see much difference in saying Harris is good-looking and saying Dawn Wells was good-looking (and then some) in the Celebrity Crush topic. I guess one could say that performers trade on their looks more so than lawyers/politicians, but it amounts to the same thing, IMO.

There has been, now that I think of it, one or two remarks made about one (or both) of the Cuomo boys and their...I guess rugged good looks, and when Beto O'Rourke was running down in Texas, more than one woman commented on his physical features, so it does happen.

You could dye the linen another colour perhaps. But honestly its difficult to understand how this much bleach got onto your linen. It might just be the photo - but in a curious way it almost looks quite trendy. Its as if there is a definite neat division between the bleached part and he rest. I'm sure you don't agree though...
The division is where the sheet was folded on the clothesline. This is why only half of sheet is stained. She recently moved and is probably doing some deep cleaning on the house, hence why there is so much bleach.

I'm not trying to start an argument here, but why do we rarely rate professional men on the way they look?
Speak for yourself. Trump is ugly both inside and out, and I have been mocking his orange hair and orange skin for a very long time, LOL! And Ted Cruz looks like a smarmy televangelist. I didn't like him in 2016, I don't like him now, and I just didn't and don't like the way he looks. I think with some people, their outward appearances are a reflection of who they are inside, anyone else agree?

I don't know. Please feel free... btw, my comment wasn't just based on how she looks.:)
Right, like how Dr. Fauci is attractive because he is smart and even-tempered. Intelligence, kindness, and confidence are very attractive qualities. And Joe Biden isn't bad looking, either. They both have a sort of tranquil, trustworthy appeal.

Just say they are "designer" sheets... they're supposed to be like that.

CD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom