The General Chat Thread (2016-2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ohhhhh! I got up around 10:30pm with one heck of a belly ache. I thought I had to dump, but couldn't. Finally, I up-ended. It was the Camembert Cheese I ate this evening as a snack.

Thankfully, I have a supply of Kaopectate. Everybody should have this stuff.

Just to be extra safe, I took my usual concoction of Honey, Crushed Garlic, Echinacea and Zinc too.

Hubby & I have taken the decision to postpone his operation (ankle fusion on Feb 15th)

My physiotheraphy appointment yesterday didn't deliver good news. The ankle and foot must stay in the bootie for at least 4 weeks. Recovery is expected to be 4-8 weeks, but we don't know yet how bad the damage is yet. My physio is talking about me needing an operation, so I guess in his experience it may be bad enough that I need one. I need to have an ultrasound done on it to establish the damage. That won't be done until 1st Feb. I won't get the results until I see him again on the 4th. Right now all I can do is rest it, not use it and not take it out of the bootie expect to wash it very carefully or to shower on a chair (good thing we have one! ) so because it won't be out if the bootie before hubby's op, and I can't drive because it's my right ankle...
To say I'm gutted is beyond words. I didn't want to be the reason his op got cancelled and I am. Grr. So annoyed right now and so close to tears.
I totally get how you feel, I really hope they can eventually fix this for you. Walking around with it longer certainly is a daunting perspective. I'm sorry :love:

Reactions: mjd
Thank you so much for thinking of me ❤️ I'm doing good, I no longer have a sore throat but I do have more post-nasal drip now. I think I probably had sinusitis (my throat was itchy at the end of the day, my eyes felt heavy, I had very light paint on my ears and cheekbones) but with everything that's happening with covid you always worry a bit. Thank you, and hope you're doing well and staying safe too❤️
Nice to hear that you're recovering, LissaC. A sore throat is uncomfortable at any time - and I can imagine how nerve-wracking it is to feel ill at these times. Lemon tea & honey, lemon tea & honey!

SatNavSaysStraightOn, I feel for you! Enjoy cooking and try to forget those <bleeping> feet. As TR pointed out, your hubby hardly blames you for things which are out of your control. Delays and drawbacks are always a pain in the a___e but as the old saying goes: "Feelings are like waves: you can't stop them from coming but you can decide which ones to surf."

All the Bernie memes have been the best thing of 2021 so far, imo. Even my home island is in on it with him sat in the Swizzle Inn.

swizzlebern.jpg

Ohhhhh! I got up around 10:30pm with one heck of a belly ache. I thought I had to dump, but couldn't. Finally, I up-ended. It was the Camembert Cheese I ate this evening as a snack.

Thankfully, I have a supply of Kaopectate. Everybody should have this stuff.

Just to be extra safe, I took my usual concoction of Honey, Crushed Garlic, Echinacea and Zinc too.
Hopefully you're feeling better now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom